The Braves, Cardinals, Orioles, and Rangers will make baseball history later today, when they participate in the first ever Wild Card play-in games. The winner of the NL match-up moves on to face the Nationals while the AL winner will advance to play the Yankees. Here is the latest from around the baseball blogodome…
- M.C. Antil wrote about a first impression made by Chipper Jones.
- MLB Reports wrote about the Indians' decision between Terry Francona and Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Wahoo's on First explains why the Indians should not fire GM Chris Antonetti.
- Phillies Nation isn't sure that Ryne Sandberg is the answer for the Phillies.
- 85% Sports looks at what Dan Haren is worth on the open market.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if James Shields has made his last start as a Ray.
- Discipline of Uecker looks back at the career of Ben Sheets.
- Kings of Kauffman thinks it's the perfect time to covert Joakim Soria into a starter.
- MLB Injury News says Mike Adams' injury might have cost him a long-term contract.
- Blue Jays Plus believes it's time for GM Alex Anthopoulos to get Toronto into the postseason.
- Rising Apple wrote about some players the Mets may trade this offseason.
- U.S.S. Mariner says it's time for the Mariners to raise payroll.
- Climbing Tal's Hill goes back to review the Mark Melancon trade.
- Seedlings to Stars wrote about the good and bad of Julio Teheran.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.