Trade Rumors Apps
- Red Sox To Sign Pablo Sandoval
- Red Sox Agree To Terms With Hanley Ramirez
- White Sox To Sign Adam LaRoche
- Dodgers Acquire Joel Peralta
- Athletics Sign Billy Butler
- White Sox Sign Zach Duke
- Marlins Sign Giancarlo Stanton To 13-Year, $325MM Extension
- Blue Jays Sign Russell Martin
- Braves, Cardinals Trade Jason Heyward For Shelby Miller
- Tigers Exercise Alex Avila's Option
- Diamondbacks Acquire Jeremy Hellickson
- Pirates Sign A.J. Burnett
- Rangers Extend Jon Daniels, Thad Levine
- Jays, Tigers Swap Gose For Travis
- Pirates Acquire Francisco Cervelli For Justin Wilson
- Tigers Re-Sign Victor Martinez
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Red Sox Designate Juan Francisco For Assignment
- Jon Lester Rumors: Tuesday
- Red Sox Sign Pablo Sandoval
- Details On Jay Bruce’s No-Trade Clause
- Lucas Harrell Signs With Korea’s LG Twins
- Latest On Mariners’ Pursuit Of Righty Outfield Bat
- MLBTR Live Chat
- Twins Outright Anthony Swarzak
- Daisuke Matsuzaka Considering Return To NPB
- Offseason Outlook: San Francisco Giants
- White Sox Sign Adam LaRoche
- White Sox Designate Scott Carroll
- Red Sox Designate Ryan Lavarnway
- Jim Adduci To Sign With Lotte Giants
- West Notes: Kantrovitz, Tomas, Saunders, Correia, Sandoval
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
We'll keep track of the day's outright assignments here…
- Casey Coleman has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Triple-A by the Cubs, reports MLB.com's Carrie Muskat (on Twitter).
- The Royals announced that they outrighted Ryan Verdugo and Adam Moore to Triple-A (Twitter link).
- The Blue Jays outrighted Joel Carreno and Mike McCoy to Triple-A, Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca reports (on Twitter).
- The Twins outrighted right-hander Deolis Guerra to Triple-A, Dustin Morse of the team announced (on Twitter). Guerra, 23, will receive an invitation to MLB Spring Training in 2013. He spent this past season in the upper minors, posting a 4.11 ERA with 9.1 K/9 and 2.8 BB/9 in 70 innings of relief.
Fujikawa, 32, has only posted an ERA higher than 1.63 once since 2007. Over the past six seasons with the Hanshin Tigers, he has 202 saves to go along with an eye-popping 1.36 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 12.4 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9 in 369 2/3 innings. In that time, the right-hander has allowed just 18 home runs. At least ten teams have made Fujikawa an offer.
7:49pm: The Diamondbacks have also "made contact" with Aubrey Huff, reports Jack Magruder of FOXSportsArizona.com (on Twitter). The 35-year-old Huff hit .192/.326/.282 in 95 plate appearances for the Giants while missing lots of time with knee with knee problems.
McCarthy, 29, pitched to a 3.24 ERA with 5.9 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 111 innings for the Athletics this year. He missed time with shoulder surgery as well as a head injury after getting hit by a line drive. The D'Backs are said to be seeking a veteran starter to add to Ian Kennedy, Wade Miley, and Trevor Cahill. Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Josh Collmenter, and Trevor Bauer could also be in the rotation mix as Daniel Hudson rehabs from Tommy John surgery.
Resop, 30, pitched to a 3.91 ERA with 5.6 K/9 and 2.9 BB/9 in 73 2/3 innings for Pittsburgh this year. He is arbitration-eligible for the second time and is projected to earn $1.3MM next season. Thornton, 24, posted a 4.53 ERA in 53 2/3 innings for Oakland's High Class-A affiliate in 2012.
Navarro, 25, hit .160/.232/.220 in 56 plate appearances for Pittsburgh and .279/.366/.491 in 257 plate appearances in Triple-A this year. Medina, 19, posted a 4.14 ERA with 9.0 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9 in 50 innings down in Single-A this season. Pomeranz, 27, allowed two runs in six innings for Baltimore this year while pitching to a shiny 0.00 ERA in 23 1/3 innings between Double-A and Triple-A.
“We do have to address our outfield and we will look to do that,” said GM Jed Hoyer. “We like our prospects, but when they are as far away as some of those guys are you can’t think about those guys. You have to think about your team now … There are a number of players we will be talking to over the next few weeks."
Bourn, 29, is the best remaining center fielder on the market now that B.J. Upton has signed with the Braves and Denard Span has been traded to the Nationals. Top Cubs prospect Brett Jackson reached the big leagues late last season, but the center fielder is expected to open next year in Triple-A after striking out 59 times in 120 at-bats.
Nix, 30, hit .243/.306/.384 in 202 plate appearances with New York this year. He signed a new one-year contract to avoid arbitration today, but Chad Jennings of The Journal News says (on Twitter) Nix has agreed to accept the assignment to Triple-A and come to big league Spring Training if he clears waivers.
Jennings notes that Nix's new deal is worth $900K, which is exactly what Matt Swartz projected.
Storey made 26 relief appearances for the Astros this past season. The 26-year-old posted a 3.86 ERA with 10.1 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 30 1/3 innings at the MLB level. He also spent considerable time at Triple-A in 2012, posting a 3.05 ERA with 10.0 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 in 65 innings.
Miller, 30, appeared in 33 games for Oakland this past season. He posted a 2.59 ERA with 8.1 K.9 and 5.0 BB/9 in 48 2/3 innings.
Teams must decide by tonight whether to tender contracts to their arbitration eligible players. MLBTR will have you covered throughout the evening, so be sure to follow along and use MLBTR's Non-Tender Tracker. In the meantime, here are today’s links…
- The Angels recently checked in on Dan Haren, who’s getting interest from lots of East Coast teams, Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports (on Twitter).
- Nick Swisher told Bob Nightengale of USA Today that he’s trying to enjoy the process of being a free agent. "It's supposed to be an exciting time, not a stressful time,” Swisher said. “I'm over the stressful part now. I'm going to just have fun with this. I just want to scroll to the bottom line, sign my names in a few places, and get ready to play." The Red Sox, Orioles, Mariners and Rangers have talked to Swisher’s representatives at MVP Sports Group, Nightengale reports. Swisher has also been linked to a number of National League teams, including the Nationals, Phillies, Braves and Giants. The 32-year-old said he will play first base or right field in any city.
- David Ortiz said on WEEI said the Red Sox "need some thunder in that lineup,” Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports. The veteran designated hitter explained that he'd like to see the Red Sox re-sign free agent Cody Ross.
- The Astros almost completed one trade this week, but GM Jeff Luhnow doesn't expect to complete any deals before the Winter Meetings, Brian T. Smith of the Houston Chronicle reports.