Here’s a look back at what went down during the Winter Meetings in the National League..
- If the Braves add an outfielder and move Martin Prado to third base, they could trade Juan Francisco.
- The Braves have interest in Emilio Bonifacio and have learned that he could be available.
- The Braves signed Reed Johnson to a one-year deal.
- Atlanta exercised their option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- The Brewers have considered the idea of trading Corey Hart.
- Milwaukee likes Ryan Dempster but won’t go to three years for him.
- They’ve been in contact with the Rangers about Derek Holland.
- The Brewers were one of several teams to be in on Jason Grilli.
- The Cards signed lefty reliever Randy Choate to a three-year, $7.5MM deal.
- St. Louis was rumored to be in on Marco Scutaro before he signed with the Giants but their interest may have been overstated.
- The Cardinals and infielder Skip Schumaker are open to a trade.
- Chicago entered the Jason Grilli sweepstakes and are interested in Mark Reynolds.
- The Cubs were in on Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez before they signed with the White Sox and Diamondbacks, respectively.
- A reunion with Ryan Dempster appears unlikely.
- On Wednesday, the Cubs agreed to a one-year deal with Nate Schierholtz.
- The Cubs re-signed Ian Stewart to a non-guaranteed deal.
- The Diamondbacks’ are discussing blockbuster deals with several teams involving Justin Upton. Several three- and four-team possibilities have been talked about with the Rangers, Indians, and Rays in the mix.
- The D’Backs are also talking about trading Jason Kubel. The Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Rangers, Rays and Mariners could all be in on Kubel.
- Arizona checked in with the Mets on R.A. Dickey.
- Arizona inked Eric Chavez and catcher Wil Nieves.
- The Dodgers were long considered the frontrunners for Zack Greinke but are considering pulling out and moving on to other pursuits.
- The Indians and Mariners like Dee Gordon.
- Ned Colletti & Co. are still working to hammer out a deal with Ryu Hyun-Jin.
- There were no takers for Juan Uribe.
- Second baseman Marco Scutaro agreed to a three-year, $20MM deal.
- The Giants inked Angel Pagan to a four-year, $40MM contract. The center fielder ranked 11th on MLBTR’s list of this winter’s top 50 free agents.
- The Giants exercised options on Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean.
- Yunel Escobar was shipped to the Rays for middle infield prospect Derek Dietrich.
- The Marlins are interested in the Braves’ Francisco.
- The Marlins told teams that Ricky Nolasco is staying put.
- Miami is one of five clubs with genuine interest in Jack Hannahan.
- The Mets finalized their extension with third baseman David Wright, their only major action of the week. The deal gives him seven years and $122MM in new money, which can be considered an eight-year, $138MM deal if the value of Wright’s previously-exercised 2013 club option is included.
- The Mets are trying to hammer out a contract extension with R.A. Dickey while also listening to offers from interested clubs. The sticking point appears to be dollars rather than years between the two sides.
- Miguel Olivo will be at the top of their list if they pursue a catcher.
- The Mets and Scott Hairston are optimistic that a deal can be worked out.
- Dan Haren agreed to a one-year, $13MM deal. The signing likely took them out of the mix for Greinke.
- The Nats remain confident on Adam LaRoche. The club is pushing for a two-year deal while LaRoche wants three.
- Mike Morse could be moved if they re-sign LaRoche.
- The Nats were in contact with the Rays about their starters prior to signing Haren.
- On Monday they re-signed Zach Duke and signed Bill Bray.
- The Phillies acquired outfielder Ben Revere from the Twins in exchange for starting pitcher Vance Worley and pitching prospect Trevor May. Revere, 24, hit .294/.333/.342 in 553 plate appearances for the Twins this year.
- The Phillies are also working on a deal for the Rangers’ Michael Young. Young has a no-trade clause and is currently weighing his options.
- The Phillies are interested in Raul Ibanez along with two other teams and are still in the mix for Scott Hairston.
- The Reds have a two-year offer out to Ryan Ludwick and are waiting on an answer.
- The Reds have spoken with Homer Bailey about a contract extension, and they plan to do the same with Mat Latos.
- Colorado agreed to a one-year deal with Jeff Francis.
- The Rockies acquired Wilton Lopez and a player to be named later or cash from the Astros for starter Alex White and minor leaguer Alex Gillingham.
- The Rockies are likely to get additional pitching via trade.