Here's a look back at what went down during the Winter Meetings in the National League..
- If the Braves add an outfielder and move Martin Prado to third base, they could trade Juan Francisco.
- The Braves have interest in Emilio Bonifacio and have learned that he could be available.
- The Braves signed Reed Johnson to a one-year deal.
- Atlanta exercised their option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- The Brewers have considered the idea of trading Corey Hart.
- Milwaukee likes Ryan Dempster but won't go to three years for him.
- They've been in contact with the Rangers about Derek Holland.
- The Brewers were one of several teams to be in on Jason Grilli.
- The Cards signed lefty reliever Randy Choate to a three-year, $7.5MM deal.
- St. Louis was rumored to be in on Marco Scutaro before he signed with the Giants but their interest may have been overstated.
- The Cardinals and infielder Skip Schumaker are open to a trade.
- Chicago entered the Jason Grilli sweepstakes and are interested in Mark Reynolds.
- The Cubs were in on Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez before they signed with the White Sox and Diamondbacks, respectively.
- A reunion with Ryan Dempster appears unlikely.
- On Wednesday, the Cubs agreed to a one-year deal with Nate Schierholtz.
- The Cubs re-signed Ian Stewart to a non-guaranteed deal.
- The Diamondbacks' are discussing blockbuster deals with several teams involving Justin Upton. Several three- and four-team possibilities have been talked about with the Rangers, Indians, and Rays in the mix.
- The D'Backs are also talking about trading Jason Kubel. The Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Rangers, Rays and Mariners could all be in on Kubel.
- Arizona checked in with the Mets on R.A. Dickey.
- Arizona inked Eric Chavez and catcher Wil Nieves.
- The Dodgers were long considered the frontrunners for Zack Greinke but are considering pulling out and moving on to other pursuits.
- The Indians and Mariners like Dee Gordon.
- Ned Colletti & Co. are still working to hammer out a deal with Ryu Hyun-Jin.
- There were no takers for Juan Uribe.
- Second baseman Marco Scutaro agreed to a three-year, $20MM deal.
- The Giants inked Angel Pagan to a four-year, $40MM contract. The center fielder ranked 11th on MLBTR's list of this winter's top 50 free agents.
- The Giants exercised options on Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean.
- Yunel Escobar was shipped to the Rays for middle infield prospect Derek Dietrich.
- The Marlins are interested in the Braves' Francisco.
- The Marlins told teams that Ricky Nolasco is staying put.
- Miami is one of five clubs with genuine interest in Jack Hannahan.
- The Mets finalized their extension with third baseman David Wright, their only major action of the week. The deal gives him seven years and $122MM in new money, which can be considered an eight-year, $138MM deal if the value of Wright's previously-exercised 2013 club option is included.
- The Mets are trying to hammer out a contract extension with R.A. Dickey while also listening to offers from interested clubs. The sticking point appears to be dollars rather than years between the two sides.
- Miguel Olivo will be at the top of their list if they pursue a catcher.
- The Mets and Scott Hairston are optimistic that a deal can be worked out.
- Dan Haren agreed to a one-year, $13MM deal. The signing likely took them out of the mix for Greinke.
- The Nats remain confident on Adam LaRoche. The club is pushing for a two-year deal while LaRoche wants three.
- Mike Morse could be moved if they re-sign LaRoche.
- The Nats were in contact with the Rays about their starters prior to signing Haren.
- On Monday they re-signed Zach Duke and signed Bill Bray.
- The Phillies acquired outfielder Ben Revere from the Twins in exchange for starting pitcher Vance Worley and pitching prospect Trevor May. Revere, 24, hit .294/.333/.342 in 553 plate appearances for the Twins this year.
- The Phillies are also working on a deal for the Rangers' Michael Young. Young has a no-trade clause and is currently weighing his options.
- The Phillies are interested in Raul Ibanez along with two other teams and are still in the mix for Scott Hairston.
- The Reds have a two-year offer out to Ryan Ludwick and are waiting on an answer.
- The Reds have spoken with Homer Bailey about a contract extension, and they plan to do the same with Mat Latos.
- Colorado agreed to a one-year deal with Jeff Francis.
- The Rockies acquired Wilton Lopez and a player to be named later or cash from the Astros for starter Alex White and minor leaguer Alex Gillingham.
- The Rockies are likely to get additional pitching via trade.
- The Pads aren't likely to work out an extension with Chase Headley.
- Jason Marquis agreed to a one-year, $3MM deal.
- The Padres called the Indians regarding both Justin Masterson and Ubaldo Jimenez.
Mariners To Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Orioles Designate Alex Burnett For Assignment Indians Designate David Huff For Assignment Marlins Release Jon Rauch Derek Lowe Clears Waivers Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Nationals Designate Yunesky Maya For Assignment Mariners Designate Robert Andino For Assignment Central Notes: Reds, Cubs, Morneau Minor Moves: Dan Klein, Zach Braddock, Royce Ring Draft Links: Manaea, McGuire, Prep Catchers East Links: Braves, Nolin, Wheeler, Wada Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Walker, Hughes, Vogelsong The Best Spring Training Additions Of 2013 Quick Hits: Beltran, D'Backs, Montero, Draft, Cashner AL Central Links: Indians, Moore, Schneider NL East Notes: Utley, Amaro, Rizzo, Braves Managerial Notes: Mattingly, Nationals, Roenicke Mets Links: Davis, Wheeler, Bargain Signings Dodgers Notes: Ethier, Mattingly, Puig, Pederson Red Sox Sign Rafael Perez
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors