Here's a look back at what went down during the Winter Meetings in the National League..
- If the Braves add an outfielder and move Martin Prado to third base, they could trade Juan Francisco.
- The Braves have interest in Emilio Bonifacio and have learned that he could be available.
- The Braves signed Reed Johnson to a one-year deal.
- Atlanta exercised their option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- The Brewers have considered the idea of trading Corey Hart.
- Milwaukee likes Ryan Dempster but won't go to three years for him.
- They've been in contact with the Rangers about Derek Holland.
- The Brewers were one of several teams to be in on Jason Grilli.
- The Cards signed lefty reliever Randy Choate to a three-year, $7.5MM deal.
- St. Louis was rumored to be in on Marco Scutaro before he signed with the Giants but their interest may have been overstated.
- The Cardinals and infielder Skip Schumaker are open to a trade.
- Chicago entered the Jason Grilli sweepstakes and are interested in Mark Reynolds.
- The Cubs were in on Jeff Keppinger and Eric Chavez before they signed with the White Sox and Diamondbacks, respectively.
- A reunion with Ryan Dempster appears unlikely.
- On Wednesday, the Cubs agreed to a one-year deal with Nate Schierholtz.
- The Cubs re-signed Ian Stewart to a non-guaranteed deal.
- The Diamondbacks' are discussing blockbuster deals with several teams involving Justin Upton. Several three- and four-team possibilities have been talked about with the Rangers, Indians, and Rays in the mix.
- The D'Backs are also talking about trading Jason Kubel. The Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Rangers, Rays and Mariners could all be in on Kubel.
- Arizona checked in with the Mets on R.A. Dickey.
- Arizona inked Eric Chavez and catcher Wil Nieves.
- The Dodgers were long considered the frontrunners for Zack Greinke but are considering pulling out and moving on to other pursuits.
- The Indians and Mariners like Dee Gordon.
- Ned Colletti & Co. are still working to hammer out a deal with Ryu Hyun-Jin.
- There were no takers for Juan Uribe.
- Second baseman Marco Scutaro agreed to a three-year, $20MM deal.
- The Giants inked Angel Pagan to a four-year, $40MM contract. The center fielder ranked 11th on MLBTR's list of this winter's top 50 free agents.
- The Giants exercised options on Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean.
- Yunel Escobar was shipped to the Rays for middle infield prospect Derek Dietrich.
- The Marlins are interested in the Braves' Francisco.
- The Marlins told teams that Ricky Nolasco is staying put.
- Miami is one of five clubs with genuine interest in Jack Hannahan.
- The Mets finalized their extension with third baseman David Wright, their only major action of the week. The deal gives him seven years and $122MM in new money, which can be considered an eight-year, $138MM deal if the value of Wright's previously-exercised 2013 club option is included.
- The Mets are trying to hammer out a contract extension with R.A. Dickey while also listening to offers from interested clubs. The sticking point appears to be dollars rather than years between the two sides.
- Miguel Olivo will be at the top of their list if they pursue a catcher.
- The Mets and Scott Hairston are optimistic that a deal can be worked out.
- Dan Haren agreed to a one-year, $13MM deal. The signing likely took them out of the mix for Greinke.
- The Nats remain confident on Adam LaRoche. The club is pushing for a two-year deal while LaRoche wants three.
- Mike Morse could be moved if they re-sign LaRoche.
- The Nats were in contact with the Rays about their starters prior to signing Haren.
- On Monday they re-signed Zach Duke and signed Bill Bray.
- The Phillies acquired outfielder Ben Revere from the Twins in exchange for starting pitcher Vance Worley and pitching prospect Trevor May. Revere, 24, hit .294/.333/.342 in 553 plate appearances for the Twins this year.
- The Phillies are also working on a deal for the Rangers' Michael Young. Young has a no-trade clause and is currently weighing his options.
- The Phillies are interested in Raul Ibanez along with two other teams and are still in the mix for Scott Hairston.
- The Reds have a two-year offer out to Ryan Ludwick and are waiting on an answer.
- The Reds have spoken with Homer Bailey about a contract extension, and they plan to do the same with Mat Latos.
- Colorado agreed to a one-year deal with Jeff Francis.
- The Rockies acquired Wilton Lopez and a player to be named later or cash from the Astros for starter Alex White and minor leaguer Alex Gillingham.
- The Rockies are likely to get additional pitching via trade.
- The Pads aren't likely to work out an extension with Chase Headley.
- Jason Marquis agreed to a one-year, $3MM deal.
- The Padres called the Indians regarding both Justin Masterson and Ubaldo Jimenez.
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Minor Moves: Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors