Here are today's minor transactions, with the latest moves at the top of the page…
- The Phillies re-signed infielder Andres Blanco to a minor league contract, Baseball America's Matt Eddy reports. The club released Blanco a few weeks ago. Blanco last played in the majors in 2011 and he has a career .634 OPS in 654 PA over six seasons with the Rangers, Cubs and Royals. He spent last year with the Phillies' Triple-A affiliate.
- The Mets recently released and quickly re-signed right-hander LaTroy Hawkins, Eddy reports. The move was just "procedural," according to ESPN New York's Adam Rubin (via Twitter), as the Mets needed to "correct something in [Hawkins'] contract." Hawkins, 40, signed his original minor league deal with the Mets in January.
- The Athletics signed middle infielder Antonio Lamas to a minor league deal, Eddy reports. John Hickey of the Bay Area News Group reported the A's were close to signing Lamas last month. Lamas, 23, has a .307/.350/.437 line over 1504 PA for Monclova of the Mexican League since 2008. He was primarily used as a shortstop but he played 100 games at second base in 2012.
- The Orioles signed left-hander Clayton Tanner to a minor league deal, Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com reports. Tanner, a third-round pick of the Giants in the 2006 draft, has a career 3.85 ERA, 2.11 K/BB and 6.6 K/9 in 182 games (123 starts) over seven seasons in the Giants' and Reds' minor league systems. O's executive VP Dan Duquette tells Kubatko that the team scouted Tanner when he pitched for Australia during the World Baseball Classic.
- The Twins have signed first baseman/outfielder Curt Smith to a minor league deal, Netherlands manager Hensley Meulens tells Tyler Kepner of the New York Times (Twitter links). Smith has a 1.008 OPS in 24 ABs for the Netherlands in WBC play, helping lead the Dutch to the tournament semi-finals. Smith was originally a 39th-round draft pick of the Cardinals in 2008 and he has a .301/.341/.461 line in 1703 career minor league PA in the Cards' and Marlins' systems.