A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR, as our country celebrated its 237th birthday this past week:
- Steve Adams listed the notable July extensions from the previous three seasons.
- There have been several changes made to the international bonus pool and Steve illustrated the effects of those changes using the Cubs as an example.
- Zach Links tracked the progress players with a 2014 vesting option are making toward exercising those options.
- Steve examined the trade market for second basemen.
- Steve asked MLBTR readers who will acquire Ricky Nolasco. More than 48% of you predicted correctly Dodgers GM Ned Colletti would be the one to finalize a trade for the now ex-Marlins right-hander.
- MLBTR contributor Marc Hulet provided a new Prospect Rumor Roundup.
- Zach assembled the best of the baseball blogosphere for you in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Steve hosted this week's live chat.