A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- MLBTR was the first to report left-hander Mike Zagurski was signed by the A's to a minor league deal with a September 1 opt-out.
- Steve Adams presented another Transaction Retrospection with a look back at the Mark Reynolds–David Hernandez trade.
- Earlier this year, Tim Dierkes posted advice from front office executives to students hoping for a career in baseball operations. In a special follow-up for MLBTR, Ricky Benichak shares his experience working as a baseball operations intern for the Reds.
- Charlie Wilmoth posited a later Trade Deadline would not have necessarily created more trade activity.
- Steve asked MLBTR readers which player to clear waivers was the most surprising. More than 26% of you found it hard to believe Justin Morneau passed without a claim.
- Jeff Todd asked MLBTR readers to rank the midseason moves made by teams in rebuilding mode. The Cubs' aggressive spending on international free agents was ranked the best (33%) while the Mariners, Mets, and Rockies standing pat at the Trade Deadline was viewed as the worst (55%).
- Steve hosted the MLBTR live chat this week.
- Zach Links put together the best of the baseball blogosphere in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.