On this date in 2006, Sean Casey grounded out to left field. Yes, that’s right. The unique 5-7-3 play was the result of the batter starting to head back to the dugout, believing he was robbed of a hit, when the ball actually glanced off White Sox third baseman Joe Crede’s glove reaching left fielder Pablo Ozuna. Ozuna’s throw to first base just beat the runner to the bag. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere.
- Mariner Brainstorm talks Chris Young.
- Beisbol’s looks at Alex Gordon’s MVP candidacy.
- MetsBlog defends Lucas Duda.
- Blue Jays Plus hopes Toronto will catch up with the times.
- Inside The Zona wants to know who’s steering the ship.
- Grading On The Curve has three prospects making the case for promotions.