- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Garrett Richards Out 6-9 Months
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Dodgers Acquire Roberto Hernandez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Phillies President Says Amaro “Not On The Hot Seat”
- Padres Release Brooks Conrad, Hector Ambriz
- Cuddyer Pulled Off Waivers After Hamstring Issue
- Red Sox, Tigers Are Front-Runners For Castillo
- Minor Moves: Obispo, Brown, Rodriguez
- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Diamondbacks Outright Bradin Hagens
- Garrett Richards Out Six To Nine Months For Knee Surgery
- NL East Links: Phillies, Colon, Cabrera, Braves
- Marcell Ozuna Joins Boras Corporation
- Neal Cotts Staying With Rangers
- Phillies Notes: Burnett, Amaro, Tomas, Kendrick
- Astros Could Still Reach Deal With Brady Aiken
- NL West Links: Quackenbush, Peralta, Upton
- NFL $100K Play-Action Contest At DraftKings
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Alan Horne Rumors
Today’s random hot stove links…
- Gil Meche wants to stay with the Royals.
- Yankees pitching prospect Alan Horne may be injured. This could have hot stove ramifications – Horne could’ve been a top trade chip or even a rotation addition this year.
- Peter Abraham does not think Barry Bonds makes sense for the Yankees. Hideki Matsui will be out at least a couple of weeks with a knee injury, with surgery as a last resort.
- Manny Ramirez shoved the Red Sox’s traveling secretary. This is slightly different than the Shawn Chacon situation, in that Chacon had his hands around Ed Wade’s neck. But is Manny getting off easy because he’s Manny?
- CBS’s Scott Miller weighs in on the starting pitching market.
- Dan Uggla is in line for at least a tenfold raise in arbitration next year. The Marlins haven’t decided whether to talk extension with him.
UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 11:09pm: Hank Steinbrenner weighed in on the Haren-Yankees talks, calling Billy Beane’s request "ridiculous." The Yankees are out on Haren.
UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 2:00pm: Nick Piecoro’s source says Conor Jackson is not a part of the Haren talks, actually.
UPDATE, 12-4-07 at 12:13pm: The Boston Herald’s Rob Bradford says the A’s and D’Backs have had "constructive talks" about Haren for Carlos Gonzalez, Conor Jackson, and two others.
FROM 12-4-07 at 10:58am:
OK, you already knew that. But Joel Sherman has details.
- Billy Beane sees Dan Haren as equal in value to Johan Santana, all things considered. Over the next three years, that could be true – plus Haren is much more reasonable in terms of salary.
- Beane’s focus is young pitching.
- Beane doesn’t want Melky Cabrera from the Yankees. He wants a package starting with Phil Hughes and one of Ian Kennedy or Alan Horne.
- Sherman says the Mets don’t have the blue-chippers in Mike Pelfrey, Phil Humber, and Kevin Mulvey.
- The Dodgers and D’Backs match up better for Haren than the Yankees and Mets, though Arizona doesn’t really have the young pitching.
- Joe Blanton won’t be cheap either; Beane equates him with Brad Penny.
- Athletics Nation believes Blanton is much more likely to be traded than Haren this winter.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alan Horne | Arizona Diamondbacks | Brad Penny | Carlos Gonzalez | Conor Jackson | Dan Haren | Ian Kennedy | Joe Blanton | Johan Santana | Kevin Mulvey | Los Angeles Dodgers | Melky Cabrera | Mike Pelfrey | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Oakland Athletics | Phil Hughes | Philip Humber
UPDATE, 12-3-07 at 12:02am: Not only will Johan veto any midseason deal, he’ll veto any deal to a team other than the Yankees or Red Sox.
UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 8:30pm: Hank weighs in, reiterating the deadline. He says the third player actually isn’t the sticking point. Thanks Hank!
UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 7:30pm: The Yanks’ deadline on their offer, which no one is taking seriously, is for end of day Monday. Brian Cashman has given Bill Smith a list of possibilities for the third player in the deal.
UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 6:15pm: Ken Rosenthal says Santana told the Twins he won’t waive his no-trade clause during the season. It’s now or never. The packages the Yankees and Red Sox are offering are definitely better than two draft picks, especially since there’s no guarantee one of them will be a first-round pick. I’d be surprised if he’s not moved this week.
UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 1:30pm: Buster Olney is reporting that the Sox will include Ellsbury in their offer, but pull Lester out of it. Basically the Twins can have one or the other. Olney doesn’t say whether Buchholz/Ellsbury is possible, but I imagine it’s not. The Twins are expected to choose an offer from Boston or New York soon.
FROM 12-2-07 at 8:45am:
When we left off last night, the Twins and Yankees were still haggling over the third player in a Johan Santana trade. The Twins wanted Alan Horne or Austin Jackson, according to Jon Heyman. Now comes word from Tyler Kepner that those two are considered untouchable in the deal by the Yanks. Dellin Betances, Ian Kennedy, and Jose Tabata round out the five that they will not include as the third player.
It’s said that the Yankees will turn to Dan Haren if they don’t reach an agreement with the Twins today or tomorrow. The Twins still like Jacoby Ellsbury more than Phil Hughes, so they’re trying to get the Red Sox to replace Coco Crisp with him in their offer.
Gotham Baseball’s Mark Healey has a new post up with some good trade rumors:
- The Mets are talking to the Rangers about Brad Wilkerson, not Eric Gagne. This makes sense, as Wilkerson has hit lefties well this year and can play right field.
- The Mets are also talking to the Reds; could’ve been about Ken Griffey Jr. or David Weathers. From what we’ve heard, though, Weathers is not available. And would Junior approve a trade to the Mets? He vetoed a trade there once before.
- The Pirates want Alan Horne from the Yankees for Damaso Marte. Given that Brian Cashman didn’t seem to want to give him up for Gagne, I don’t see this happening.
- The Orioles are shopping Chad Bradford, but the Yankees aren’t allowed in the store.