DL Apps + FB
- Giants Acquire Jake Peavy
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano From Rockies
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- NL East Notes: Howard, Colon, Mets
- Minor Moves: Chris Leroux, Zach Jackson
- AL East Notes: Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays
- NL Central Notes: Brewers, Reds, Pirates
- MLBTR Originals
- Red Sox Considering Lester For Kemp Trade
- Latest On Yankees’ Pursuit Of Starting Pitching
- Latest On Jon Lester
- Alex Rios Drawing Interest From At Least Four Teams
- West Notes: Tulo, Kemp, Kennedy, Qualls, Appel
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Peralta, Abreu, O’s, A’s
- Red Sox Shopping Andrew Miller; Pirates, Braves Interested
- Rusney Castillo Impresses In Showcase
- Yankees Looking At Josh Willingham, Other Bats
- Blue Jays Designate Esmil Rogers For Assignment
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Hideo Nomo Rumors
Nomo won 78 games in Japan in five seasons, and then exploited a loophole and retired from Japanese baseball. He was a phenomenon in ’95, coming over as a free agent to win the ROY with the Dodgers as a 26 year-old. He ended up winning 123 big league games.
Expect another one of these today. There’s lots of little stuff, but not much in the way of substantive rumors.
- The Mariners were one of four teams contacted by Frank Thomas’s agent. The A’s were obviously another. So who were the other two?
- With 24-year-old backstop Robinzon Diaz mashing in AAA, the Jays might look to spin off either Gregg Zaun or Rod Barajas come July.
- 39-year-old southpaw Mike Myers requested and was granted his unconditional release from the Dodgers.
- After DFAing him on Sunday, the Royals have placed Hideo Nomo on release waivers. If unclaimed by noon on Tuesday, he’ll become a free agent.
- Curtis Granderson says his allergies are killing him. I can empathize. Fret not, Curtis. If you’re like me, you’ll be in the clear next week.
Posted by Joe Pawlikowski.
I’ve got a slew of links for you.
- Saberscouting has a mock June draft up.
- Ryan Klesko officially retired. Chipper Jones let the cat out of the bag in February.
- Voros McCracken sees the Evan Longoria contract as a low-risk proposition for the Rays.
- The A’s are still discussing an extension with Huston Street, though nothing appears imminent.
- The Giants DFA’d Rajai Davis. Anyone need an outfield burner?
- Sam Mellinger explains how the Hideo Nomo signing was the type of move the Royals need to make.
- Our Brian Bannister Q&A continues to get mileage, this time snagging a mention in the Seattle Times. I’m trying to line up some more player Q&As, by the way.
Fun transaction today, as the Royals inked Hideo Nomo to a minor-league contract. Nomo was the first Japanese player to make a major MLB impact, bursting on the scene in 1995 as a 26 year-old and winning Rookie of the Year. He missed the ’07 season due to surgery, and hasn’t pitched in the bigs since ’05.
Over a year ago, I attempted to compile a list of all Japanese players who’d come to the Majors. I also included a spreadsheet ranking their contributions. It needs some updating, but check it out.