DL Apps + FB
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Buddy Carlyle, Jair Jurrjens, Sergio Santos Outrighted
- Phillies Have Considered Releasing Ryan Howard After Season
- West Notes: Aiken, Qualls, Sipp, Kemp, Padres, D’backs
- Twins Designate Matt Guerrier For Assignment
- Maybin Suspended 25 Games For Amphetamine Use
- 2015 Competitive Balance Lottery Results
- Phillies Designate Jeff Manship For Assignment
- NL Central Links: Ramirez, Bucs, Byrd, Cubs, Cards
- Yankees Designate Bruce Billings For Assignment
- Padres GM Finalists Are Preller, Hazen, Eppler, Ng
- Multiple Teams Scouting Antonio Bastardo
- AL Central Links: Royals, Hanrahan, Lindor, Sox
- A’s On Track To Finalize 10-Year Coliseum Lease
- NL West Notes: Rockies, Giants, D’backs, Pads’ GM
- MLB Begins Interviewing Commissioner Candidates
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Matt Mantei Rumors
- The White Sox had a scout watching Noah Lowry‘s disaster yesterday. Maybe that affected him.
- Todd Zolecki says Ruben Amaro Jr. is the frontrunner for the Phillies’ GM job next year, with Mike Arbuckle the other main candidate. Meanwhile, Bob Ford thinks the Phils should’ve paid $200K for Cole Hamels‘ happiness.
- Looks like Matt Mantei’s comeback attempt may come to an end. Despite Jim Leyland’s comments, you have to think Dave Dombrowski will troll the market for relievers. Leyland also talked about how he’s not going to force Brandon Inge to catch.
- Jeff Sackmann discusses some clubs that would stand to gain around three wins by signing Barry Bonds.
- Jonathan Papelbon‘s contract is likely to be renewed today, and he’s probably not getting $900K.
- Tom Haudricourt offers up a primer on renewals, arbitration, free agency, all that stuff.
Here are this morning’s random rumors and links.
- Matt Mantei will throw for the Tigers this week, and hopes to get a minor league deal. The 34 year-old hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2005 for Boston.
- The D’Backs will watch Keith Foulke throw later this month as he attempts his comeback after a year off. The Indians and Red Sox are other teams Foulke may have special interest in.
- The Mariners signed Miguel Cairo in an effort to push incumbent second baseman Jose Lopez. Cairo has a career line of .267/.315/.367, while Lopez is at .261/.295/.379. Cairo is the lesser of two evils, I guess.
- Andy MacPhail is talking about (or at least posturing that) he’s going to start looking to fill holes via free agency since he’s not getting the right trade offers. I imagine Octavio Dotel is still on the Orioles’ radar to close.
- The Rangers were close to signing Eddie Guardado in December, and now they’re…still close.
Your daily collection of random rumors and links…
- MLB.com’s Free Agent Frenzy has begun. You can win Opening Day tickets by closely predicting where 15 free agents will land. A good strategic move would be to wait until deadline day, November 15th, before submitting. That way you’ll have more info (keep your browser right here for all the latest free agent info). By the way, my Top 50 Free Agents list should be ready around Monday.
- Fielding Bible has their 2007 awards (click the Winners tab). So much for those who say Andruw is slipping!
- Miguel Cabrera is available, according to Peter Gammons. Gammons thinks any package would have to begin with a top pitching prospect such as Phil Hughes, Clay Buchholz, or Clayton Kershaw.
- Sounds like the Rockies want to keep the 2007 club mostly intact by bringing back free agents (Kaz Matsui, Yorvit Torrealba, Matt Herges, LaTroy Hawkins). However Josh Fogg and Jeremy Affeldt may be allowed to leave.
- Though they’re on his list, it doesn’t sound like the D’Backs can afford Curt Schilling.
- The A’s are talking about re-signing Shannon Stewart, but I don’t see it. That would have to cost at least $3-4MM. Meanwhile, Mike Piazza might retire. Susan Slusser talks about how the A’s would receive compensation for Stewart and Piazza, both Type B free agents. But that’s only if they offer them arbitration, which is questionable.
- Comeback time! Matt Mantei is all surgically repaired and wants to get back into action. He feels great! He’d take a minor league contract and/or play for the minimum. Can’t wait til spring, when we can hear about all the guys who are in the best shape of their careers. The Tigers might need him with Joel Zumaya‘s new, odd injury.
- A couple of 40+ southpaws will pitch in ’08 – Tom Glavine and David Wells.
- The O’s will pass on Kris Benson at $7.5MM next year, no surprise. He had rotator cuff surgery last March.
- U.S.S. Mariner’s "reasonable" offseason plan.