- MLBPA Issues Statement On Bryant, Prospect Promotions
- Pirates Discussing Extension With Gregory Polanco
- Mets Acquire Jerry Blevins
- Kris Bryant To Begin Season In Minors
- Mets Acquire Alex Torres
- Red Sox Acquire Sandy Leon; Christian Vazquez Placed On 60-Day DL
- Rangers Release Ryan Ludwick
- Brewers Release Chris Perez
- Mike Pelfrey Walks Back Trade Comments
- Mariners Prospect Victor Sanchez Dies
Trade Rumors Apps
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Dodgers Acquire Elliot Johnson From Rangers
- Orioles Acquire Audry Perez From Rockies
- Rays Release Alexi Casilla
- Reid Brignac Opts Out From Marlins
- Rangers Release Jamey Wright
- Blue Jays To Release Dayan Viciedo
- Marlins Release Nick Masset
- Phillies Release Kevin Slowey
- Red Sox Release Felipe Paulino
- NL West Notes: Garcia, Hatcher, McGowan, Bradley, Ray
- NL Central Notes: Maholm, Bucs, Bryant, EJax, Ricketts
- NL East Notes: Duda, Wilpon, Gonzalez, Turner
- Dodgers To Sign Freddy Garcia
- Nationals Sign Reed Johnson To Minor League Deal
- Added To The 40-Man Roster: Monday
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Tony Reagins Rumors
A few items of note regarding AL West clubs, as the division's sole postseason representative, the Rangers, take on the Rays in Arlington.
- Morale in the Angels' front office had waned under former GM Tony Reagins, who resigned Friday, sources tell Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports, and the organization's direction seemed vague. Reagins may not have been ready for the job when he took over for former GM Bill Stoneman in 2007, Brown adds.
- Elsewhere in Brown's piece, he reports that Stoneman, who has served as an advisor to the Angels since stepping down, will be part of the committee that searches for a new GM, but he will not return to the position, nor will Scioscia add that to his managerial duties. So, it seems certain the next GM will come from outside the organization.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com wonders whether A's GM Billy Beane could assume the GM role with the Angels. There'd be a lot to work through, as Beane is under contract through 2014 and wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Scioscia, but the Halos need another "significant voice," opines Rosenthal.
- The Athletics will not bring back pitching coach Ron Romanick, hitting coach Gerald Perry and bench coach Joel Skinner in 2012, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. Slusser speculates the A's will ask permission to speak to Reds pitching coach Bryan Price and Red Sox pitching coach Curt Young, who is under contract another year and might be a lame duck now that Terry Francona won't be back in Boston.
Brendan Bianowicz has one more big update to our GM Trade History Series. Check out the AL West spreadsheets below for GM information on trades, free agent signings, and more.
The Angels signed general manager Tony Reagins to a long-term contract extension, tweets Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse. Reagins has been the Angels' GM since October of 2007, when Bill Stoneman stepped down. His notable signings include Torii Hunter, Brian Fuentes, Juan Rivera, and Bobby Abreu. He also acquired Jon Garland, Mark Teixeira, and Scott Kazmir in trades. Reagins faces a tough offseason ahead with John Lackey, Chone Figgins, and Vladimir Guerrero among his free agents.
Mike DiGiovanna at the L.A. Times talked to Angels GM Tony Reagins, who said "There are various scenarios we're working on." DiGiovanna says they're still very much in the mix for Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee, but summarizes a bit of news and lists intriguing potential targets should talks for the aces fail:
- The Blue Jays reportedly asked for Erick Aybar, Jered Weaver or Joe Saunders, Brandon Wood, and one of either Trevor Reckling or Peter Bourjos.
- The Angels might not have the top-flight pitching prospects the Indians desire in return for Lee.
- The second tier of their pursuits for a starter could include Aaron Harang, Bronson Arroyo, Jarrod Washburn, Jon Garland, or Ian Snell. Chances for this kind of deal are slim, DiGiovanna notes.
- Among relief help being sought by the Angels: Brandon League, Scott Downs, George Sherrill and Chad Qualls. The Halos' offers for Michael Wuertz and Heath Bell have apparently been turned down.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Aaron Harang | Brandon League | Chad Qualls | Cliff Lee | Erick Aybar | George Sherrill | Heath Bell | Ian Snell | Jarrod Washburn | Jered Weaver | Joe Saunders | Jon Garland | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Michael Wuertz | Roy Halladay | Scott Downs | Tony Reagins | Toronto Blue Jays
According to Scott Miller of CBS Sportsline, Bill Stoneman will step down as GM of the Angels. The team’s director of player development, Tony Reagins, is likely to take his place.
Stoneman seemed loathe to surrender prospects for a big bat in his tenure. Will Reagins be the same way, given his intimacy and involvement with the team’s farm system?
There will be a press conference tomorrow, as yet another GM bites the dust.