- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
- Padres In Active Trade Talks Involving Nick Hundley
- Rangers Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment
- AL Notes: Amador, Lester, Gonzalez
- Astros Outright Lucas Harrell
- Padres Acquire Tyler Greene From Braves
- Tommy John Surgery Likely For Ivan Nova
- Orioles To Designate Steve Pearce For Assignment
- Blue Jays Claim Darin Mastroianni, Designate Kenny Wilson
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- NL Central Links: Maldonado, Volquez, Walker, Cubs
- Free Agent Notes: Hanrahan, Carbonell, Penny, Braddock
- Yankees Outright Cesar Cabral
- Ryan Roberts Accepts Outright Assignment
- Ryan Rowland-Smith Elects Free Agency
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Will Rhymes Rumors
Here are today's minor moves from around baseball.
- The Nationals have re-signed second baseman Will Rhymes to a minor-league deal with a spring training invite, according to his agency, Beverly Hills Sports Council (on Twitter). Rhymes, 30, hit .274/.360/.349 in 530 plate appearances at Triple-A Syracuse last season. He has a .266/.328/.343 line in 449 career big-league plate appearances with the Tigers and Rays.
Some minor league deals from around the baseball world…
- The Blue Jays have signed right-hander Neil Wagner to a minor league contract with an invite to Spring Training, MLBTR has learned. Wagner has a 3.77 ERA, 2.95 K:BB ratio and 10.2 K/9 rate in 312 career minor league relief appearances in the Padres, A's, and Indians' systems, plus pitched five Major League innings with Oakland in 2011.
- The Angels signed Billy Buckner, Luke Carlin, Brendan Harris, Trent Oeltjen, Jo-Jo Reyes and J.B. Shuck to minor league contracts with invites to the Major League Spring Training camp, reports MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez.
- The Nationals have signed infielder Will Rhymes to a minor league contract with a Spring Training invite, reports the Beverly Hills Sports Council's Twitter page. (Rhymes is represented by the BHSC.) Rhymes was designated for assignment by Tampa Bay in September and has a .266/.328/.343 line in 449 career plate appearances over three seasons with the Tigers and Rays.
- Matt Eddy of Baseball America recaps the week's minor league transactions, including news of Brandon Wood signing a minor league deal with the Royals. Wood, the former Angels third baseman who was once considered one of the top prospects in the game, last appeared in the Majors with the Pirates in 2011 and posted a .722 OPS for the Rockies' Triple-A team in 2012.
We'll keep track of the players that clear waivers today in this post..
- Infielder Will Rhymes and right-hander Albert Suarez have both cleared waivers and remain in the organization after being designated for assignment last week, tweets Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Rhymes hit .228/.299/.285 in 137 plate appearances for the Rays this season while playing second and third base. Suarez spent the year with Advanced-A Charlotte, posting a 4.08 ERA with 4.4 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 25 starts.
Rhymes, 29, hit .228/.299/.285 in 137 plate appearances for the Rays this season while playing second and third bases. He hit .256/.326/.390 in 194 plate appearances with their Triple-A affiliate as well.
The Rays signed second baseman Will Rhymes, outfielder Jesus Feliciano and right-handed reliever Romulo Sanchez to minor league deals, Matt Eddy of Baseball America tweets. Rhymes, 28, spent parts of the past two seasons with the Tigers, who non-tendered him in December. The team confirmed the moves and reports the signing of right-hander Matt Torra.
Rhymes, who's listed at 5'9" and 155 pounds, owns a .283/.341/.370 line in 312 MLB plate appearances. He was far more impressive at the plate in 2010 than in 2011, when his batting average on balls in play dropped by 50 points.
Feliciano made his MLB debut with the Mets in 2010, soon after his 31st birthday. He posted a .563 OPS in 119 plate appearances and spent the 2011 campaign in the minors. Sanchez, 27, spent last year in Japan and has MLB experience with the Pirates and Yankees.