Here are the trades that went down in the NL West in July..
- Acquired right-handed sidearmer Brad Ziegler from the Athletics for first baseman Brandon Allen and reliever Jordan Norberto.
- Acquired right-hander Jason Marquis from the Nationals for shortstop prospect Zach Walters.
- Acquired Ryan Langerhans from the Mariners for cash considerations.
- Acquired catcher Tim Federowicz, reliever Juan Rodriguez, and starter Stephen Fife from the Red Sox in a three-team deal that also involved the Mariners. The Dodgers sent outfielder Trayvon Robinson to the M's. Seattle also received outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang from the BoSox while Boston received starter Erik Bedard and reliever Josh Fields from Seattle.
- Received outfielder Alex Castellanos and roughly $2.5MM from the Cardinals for Rafael Furcal.
- Acquired outfielder Juan Rivera from the Blue Jays for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
- Acquired Orlando Cabrera from Cleveland in exchange for outfield prospect Thomas Neal.
- Acquired right fielder Carlos Beltran and cash considerations from the Mets for pitching prospect Zack Wheeler.
- Acquired Jeff Keppinger from the Astros for right-handed pitchers Henry Sosa and Jason Stoffel.
- Will receive a player to be named later from the Pirates in exchange for right fielder Ryan Ludwick.
- Acquired pitching prospects Joe Wieland and Robbie Erlin from the Rangers for reliever Mike Adams.
- Acquired Joe Gardner, Alex White, Matt McBride and a player to be named later from the Rockies for Ubaldo Jimenez. The deal is expected to include left-hander Drew Pomeranz once he's eligible to be traded in mid-August.