The Athletics, suddenly in contention with a 46-43 record, are one of the few contenders with potential surplus pitching, Yahoo’s Tim Brown writes. They could use production from the left side of their infield and appear to be interested in trading for upgrades. Here’s the latest from Brown, starting in Oakland…
- The A’s would likely trade 39-year-old right-hander Bartolo Colon if they deal a starter, Brown writes. However, Ken Rosenthal reported today that a deal involving Colon is highly unlikely.
- Assistant GM David Forst said the A’s aren’t looking to sacrifice a lot in mid-season trades. "We're listening. But we're not looking to significantly change the composition of this team," Forst told Brown.
- The Dodgers have found trade discussions slow as they look to add starting pitching and corner infield help.
- The Brewers appear to be seeking Major League pitching for Aramis Ramirez, Brown writes. Brown reported last week that the Dodgers are eyeing the veteran third baseman.
- The White Sox, Angels, Rangers, Braves, Orioles, Red Sox, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Pirates, Cardinals and Tigers are among the teams that are currently seeking starting pitching, Brown writes.
The Dodgers are complete desperation mode as evidenced by them “looking” to trade for every possible player outside of opposing team’s bat boys.
Granted every team is looking for additions but the way I see it are they really legit contenders at this point and can they make a deep playoff run? I mean why sell off the farm for different players when since going 42-25 and are now 48-43. Yes they have missed Kemp and Either but can a rotation that is overachieving minus Kershaw really compete with the best?
The only reason why you think the Dodgers are in desperation mode is because of the media’s ongoing coverage of their every which move. They are probably inquiring every day of the year. If they were truly in desperation I’m sure they would have made a trade already since we have lost 10.0 games in the standings.
-Disgruntled and Heartbroken Dodger Fan.
Eovaldi for Aramis Rameriz.
they need bats with kemp and either, another sp to go with kershaw and capuano, so i see them going “all in” to try and win that division. they HAVE money
Dodgers need to focus on 2013 and beyond. 2012 is a lost cause. Way too many holes.
Jimmy to the A’s makes too much sense…
Not really. He’s well past his prime and very expensive through 2013. I doubt Rollins would be much more than an out machine until he adjusted to American league pitching at any rate. The A’s already have that in their infield with Inge, Pennington, Hicks, Sogard and Weeks.
Rollins to the Dodgers makes much more sense, especially from a financial standpoint.
aramis ramirez plays for the brewers?