Here’s a look at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR over the past week:
- Throughout the week, Jeff Todd examined what’s left of the free agent market. On Monday, he looked at remaining starting pitchers, a group headed by Yovani Gallardo and also featuring reclamation-type players like Doug Fister and Mat Latos. On Tuesday, Jeff listed available outfielders. With Yoenis Cespedes off the table, Dexter Fowler leads that group, followed by Austin Jackson and a variety of younger and somewhat interesting bench options. On Wednesday, Jeff reviewed the market for infielders, a group headed by Ian Desmond and Howie Kendrick.
- On this week’s edition of the MLB Trade Rumors Podcast, Steve Adams joined Jeff to discuss where Fowler and Jackson might end up.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched our official Instagram account: @TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing images about the hottest topics in baseball. We invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments, and even pass the link on to a friend. Follow us on Instagram today!
- On Tuesday, Steve chatted about the Justin Upton deal and about potential landing spots for Fister, Jackson and Pedro Alvarez.
- On Thursday, Jeff discussed the Padres’ offseason and the reasons Gallardo remains unsigned.
- Finally, MLBTR compiled the best of the baseball blogosphere in our weekly Baseball Blogs Weigh In list.