Here’s the original content published over the last seven days here at MLBTR.
- Steve Adams listed players who could be dealt this week in the latest edition of the top August trade candidates, which is topped by the Athletics’ Jed Lowrie.
- Jeff Todd listed hitters whose recent performances could lead to big arbitration-year salaries. That group is led by Mookie Betts of the Red Sox and Justin Bour of the Marlins.
- Mark Polishuk looked ahead to the winter and projected which players might receive qualifying offers. Players on the bubble included Zack Cozart of the Reds and Carlos Santana of the Indians.
- Jeff looked into what might happen if the Rays were to reverse course and trade veterans in the coming days. The team has a variety of assets who could be moved, including Alex Cobb, Steve Cishek, Lucas Duda and Logan Morrison. Of course, much would depend on whether they were claimed on waivers, and by whom.
- Connor Byrne listed the top five candidates for NL MVP, coming up with Giancarlo Stanton as the favorite.