Welcome to today’s roundup…
- Josh Byrnes would never give a pitcher eight years, just so you know (hat tip AZ Snakepit).
- South Side Sox explains how Josh Fields was posturing in not signing his contract. Unrelated interesting fact – Fields seemed headed to Florida in a Miguel Cabrera for a split-second in December.
- Bobby Jenks‘ salary is set to skyrocket next year, as he becomes arbitration-eligible.
- Freddy Garcia‘s agent talks about the Mets, Yankees, and Red Sox for his client. Garcia is targeting a June or July return.
- DRays Bay’s free season preview guide is now available. Speaking of the Rays, owner Stuart Sternberg may be willing to spend some money for midseason acquisitions if need be. And he "sounded as if he were open" to the idea of signing Barry Bonds, according to Marc Topkin.