Looking to fill a need at the hot corner? Here is MLBTR's rundown of the possibly available third basemen.
- Garrett Atkins, Rockies. It seems that the Rockies will listen on Atkins, who will reach free agency after the 2010 season. The Indians may have interest.
- Dallas McPherson, Marlins. Jorge Cantu is getting the job done for the big club, while McPherson is hitting .283/.378/.604 with 15 home runs in Triple A.
- Joe Crede, White Sox. Despite all the springtime rumors, it seems unlikely that the first-place Sox would trade Crede. Josh Fields could be a valuable trade chip, though.
- Kevin Kouzmanoff, Padres. Another lousy April for Kouz, but he's doing a fine job this month. He's still cheap, so the Padres will probably keep him if they throw in the towel.
- Jose Castillo, Giants. He's played tolerably this year.
- Willy Aybar, Rays. The Rays don't seem to have a place for him.
- Chad Tracy, Diamondbacks. It may make sense to keep him around to compete with Mark Reynolds. Plus, teams would want to see Tracy prove his health.
- Brandon Inge, Tigers. The respectable April did not hold up. He may be available, but his contract runs through 2010.
- Bill Hall, Brewers. He's not happy about the Russell Branyan callup, and Hall still at least has the 30 HR pop.
- Casey Blake and Andy Marte, Indians. Neither has hit this year. Blake is a free agent after the season and Marte is out of options.
- Melvin Mora, Orioles. His bat continues to decline, and he's signed through '09 with a no-trade clause.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Third Baseman Market: