Today’s random hot stove links…
- Gil Meche wants to stay with the Royals.
- Yankees pitching prospect Alan Horne may be injured. This could have hot stove ramifications – Horne could’ve been a top trade chip or even a rotation addition this year.
- Peter Abraham does not think Barry Bonds makes sense for the Yankees. Hideki Matsui will be out at least a couple of weeks with a knee injury, with surgery as a last resort.
- Manny Ramirez shoved the Red Sox’s traveling secretary. This is slightly different than the Shawn Chacon situation, in that Chacon had his hands around Ed Wade’s neck. But is Manny getting off easy because he’s Manny?
- CBS’s Scott Miller weighs in on the starting pitching market.
- Dan Uggla is in line for at least a tenfold raise in arbitration next year. The Marlins haven’t decided whether to talk extension with him.