9:35pm: The D'Backs are considered "highly unlikely" to acquire Ramirez. So now we have denials from all four teams named this morning.
9:08pm: The Dodgers would only be interested in Ramirez if the Red Sox took Andruw Jones back.
8:42pm: Peter Gammons has some unkind words for Manny.
6:46pm: Cross the Mets off the list too, according to Jayson Stark.
3:06pm: GM Pat Gillick says the Phillies have no interest in Ramirez. He makes the fairly obvious point that the Phils don't have an open position for Manny.
9:26am: Click here for a refresher on yesterday's Manny Ramirez rumors. He said he would approve a trade, if the Red Sox can find one. Todd Zolecki noted that the Phillies have discussed Manny internally.
- Dan Graziano and Ed Price of the Newark Star-Ledger talked to an official who says the Mets and Phillies are both in "serious pursuit" of Ramirez. If so, why do both teams have no interest in Adam Dunn? Graziano and Price think Ramirez would command big-name prospects like Fernando Martinez or Lou Marson.
- Sean McAdam says the Sox have spoken to four teams about Manny: the Phillies, Mets, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers. McAdam says Ramirez will waive his no-trade clause for a guarantee that his options will be declined. Additionally, the Red Sox might consider kicking in money to get better players in return.
- Ken Davidoff of Newsday says the Mets aren't interested in Ramirez and continue to eye Raul Ibanez. However, the asking price may be too high.
- Paul Hagen finds no indication that the Phillies are interested. And unless Pat Burrell is included in a deal, he or Ramirez would have to play right field. Umm...no.
- Jeff Passan thinks that all things considered, Manny still might be worth keeping in Boston for $20MM in '09.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Manny Ramirez Rumors: Monday: