Rumor man Ken Rosenthal has a new column up.
- At least three teams have inquired on the Rangers' Vicente Padilla: the Mets, Yankees, and Brewers. Jon Daniels is looking for "quality young pitching."
- Manny Ramirez's $20MM option for '09 isn't a lock. It's a tough call - .900 OPS players on one-year deals don't grow on trees.
- Rosenthal suggests David DeJesus or Melky Cabrera would be nice fits for the Diamondbacks, who aren't looking for a rental. He also speculates on names like Brian Giles, David Dellucci, and Randy Winn. Note: Rosenthal is playing GM here, not relaying inside info of trade talks.
- Rosenthal believes Matt Stairs would be a nice addition for the Dodgers, and notes that the Dodgers and Blue Jays have spoken. The Jays' direction for '08 is still uncertain though.
- Still sounds like it'd take a "knockout offer" to pry Rich Harden loose from the A's.
- The A's are said to like Mariners third baseman Adrian Beltre. He can block trades to eight unknown clubs though.
- Adam Dunn isn't generating much trade interest yet.
- KC's Ron Mahay is "drawing significant interest." The trade market for lefty relievers is fairly robust.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Padilla, Manny, Beltre, Dunn: