A few more notes from around the MLBiverse...
- Tom Glavine will not need Tommy John surgery and Glavine puts the chances of an '09 return "50-50 at best."
- Scott Bordow takes a look at how the Adam Dunn acquisition is affecting the D-Backs.
- In Peter Gammons' latest piece he takes a look at how small-market teams ignored the slot recommendations from the commissioner's office, noting that the slot system "only rewards big market teams."
- In the same article, Gammons says the Tigers may have to reduce their payroll by $40MM next season. Gammons believes it will be very difficult, noting they are already committed to more than $100MM for '09.
- The Hardball Times takes a look at several players drafted using compensation picks that turned out to be much better than the free agent the team lost.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Glavine, Dunn, Draft, Tigers: