We'll kick it off with a few links today and add more bullets periodically.
- Cole Hamels feels that he handled his contract renewal last year immaturely.
- Over at The Hardball Times, Geoff Young looks at the best compensation picks of the 20th century.
- Geoff Blum's '09 option vests with one more plate appearance.
- Bronson Arroyo has a plan to make the Reds competitive.
- Matthew Cerrone explains Carlos Delgado's '09 option.
- Jeff Passan on the Cardinals' brilliant signing of Ryan Ludwick.
- Baseball Prospectus profiles #26-50 on their list of players to build a team around.
- Twins reliever Brian Bass accepted a Triple A assignment, so he won't become a free agent.
- MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo takes a preliminary look at the '09 draft order.
- Jamey Newberg wonders if the Rangers could pry Scott Kazmir loose this winter. It's hard to see the Rays trading him.
- Susan Slusser expects the A's to add an impact bat this winter, but free agent DHs Frank Thomas and Mike Sweeney will probably be let go. In a related note, ESPN's Buster Olney says the A's had a chance earlier this year to acquire Jason Bay for a package including pitching prospect Vin Mazzaro.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Kazmir, Thomas, Sweeney: