A few more notes from the MLBiverse...
- Dejan Kovacevic is reporting the Pedro Alvarez case may not be settled until well after the season. While there is a hearing scheduled for Wednesday, some feel that the case is too complex for a single hearing.
- Peter Schmuck feels the O's will sign a "couple of Paul Byrd-type pitchers," rather than open the pocketbook for a front-of-the-rotation starter.
- It is just speculation, but Nick Cafardo feels the Tigers and Cardinals will be the front-runners for Francisco Rodriguez...Of course this was written prior to the news that Billy Wagner will be out for the '09 season.
- Manager Ron Washington said he wants Milton Bradley back with the Rangers in '09, adding that he is not worried about having too many outfielders.
- Peter Abraham says the trades made by the Yankees prior to the deadline have backfired, with only Xavier Nady proving to be a valuable pickup.
- The Phillies have designated RJ Swindle for assignment to open a spot on the 40-man roster. Swindle made three appearances for the Phillies earlier this season. In Triple A, Swindle had 51 strikeouts in 36.1 innings, with a 1.98 ERA in 27 appearances.
- Athletics Nation takes a look at the outfield logjam the A's have for '09. While a trade or two seems like the obvious solution, Athletics Nation is worried the pieces are currently undervalued.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Alvarez, Orioles, K-Rod, Bradley: