Rounding up today’s links…
- Willie Bloomquist may have played his last game with the Mariners.
- The Rays feel they can be consistent contenders with a new stadium, as they could raise their payroll to the $80MM range.
- Former Dodgers GM Fred Claire takes a look at the free agent market.
- Athletics Nation notes the price on second baseman Mark Ellis has dropped.
- MLB.com’s Mark Bowman explains the Braves’ working agreement with the Hanshin Tigers. The Tigers don’t have any of the big name free agents, but Frank Wren could still consider adding Koji Uehara or Kenshin Kawakami to his rotation.
- The Padres added pitcher Scott Patterson, formerly of the Yankees. Paul DePodesta weighs in on Patterson and Charlie Haeger.
- Mike Sweeney hopes to sign with another club for the final few weeks of the season.
- Andrew Baggarly would be surprised to see the Giants trade Randy Winn this winter.
- Mike Hindman on Michael Young‘s huge contract extension, which kicks in next year. Click here to see the reaction from MLBTR readers at the time of the signing.