Some links for Saturday lunch, I’ll add some more as the day progresses:
- The Mariners may sign the first woman general manager, Dodger’s assistant GM Kim Ng.
- Pirates GM Neal Huntington says the team will approach Doug Mientkiewicz and Jason Michaels about resigning with the club, but has yet to do so.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star ruffled some feathers by quoting a scout on the possibility of the Royals trading Joakim Soria and Zach Greinke. The discussion devolved into a debate on whether to move Soria to the rotation.
- A Tanner Scheppers sighting: The Pirates draft pick has signed with the St. Paul Saints of the Independent Northern League.
- Tigers’ owner Mike Ilitch hasn’t set (yet) a payroll limit for 2009. Along with the Mets, the Tigers had the second largest payroll behind the Yankees.
- Grant at the McCovey Chronicles opens up a can of worms: On trading Matt Cain.
Alejandro A. Leal writes for UmpBump.com and can be reached here: alexo05 (at) umpbump [dot] com.