A few notes from the MLBiverse...
- Kevin Millar wants to return to the Orioles in '09. Of course, many feel the O's will make a run at Mark Teixeira this off-season which would decrease Millar's chances of re-signing, unless both sides feel he can be a full-time DH. Millar made $2.75MM this season.
- Detroit Tiger Thoughts has made an adjustment to the projected Elias ranking for Derek Lowe. He will indeed be a Type A free agent this off-season.
- The original article is missing from the Toronto Sun, but Sportsnet has the piece in which Paul Godfrey says the Jays are unlikely to include opt-out clauses in any future contracts based on the current situation with AJ Burnett. Some believe Burnett will exercise his opt-out clause and declare himself a free agent this winter.
- Jim Street says the value of Raul Ibanez goes beyond stats...However, it remains to be seen if his value to Seattle will go beyond the two draft picks they would receive for letting him walk this off-season.
- Michael Schwartz says another free agent-to-be, Nomar Garciaparra, has proven his worth to the Dodgers in his new role coming off the bench.
- Even though Brian Sabean went to see Buster Posey play in person, he ruled out any chance of Posey making his major league debut this season.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds And Ends: Millar, Lowe, Jays, Ibanez, Garciaparra, Posey: