A few more notes from the MLBiverse…
- Tom Krasovic of the San Diego Union-Tribune is reporting that the Padres have not set their ’09 payroll but that it could be as low as $40MM. Krasovic also notes that the Braves are not one of the teams that have inquired about Khalil Greene. Also, Kevin Towers continues to sound positive about the possibility of resigning Trevor Hoffman. The Padres have offered Hoffman a one-year deal for $4MM with a ’10 option at the same price.
- Paul DePodesta comments about all of the rumors that are swirling on his personal blog.
- We have heard this before, but now a Braves official is saying there have been no recent discussions involving Jeff Francoeur.
- Jayson Stark discusses why a six-year deal for Manny Ramirez makes little sense.
- Ken Mandel takes a closer look at the Phillies’ contract commitments and what they mean for the ’09 roster.