Yesterday Bob Nightengale of USA Today talked to Barry Bonds‘ agent Jeff Borris, learning that Borris will contact all 30 teams in hopes of landing a job for his client. Borris is not optimistic. In case it becomes a trend, we’ll use this post to note which teams have rejected the agent’s overtures.
- The Nationals will pass – manager Manny Acta told Chico Harlan of the Washington Post that "It’s not a match for us" while choking back laughter.
- Twins GM Bill Smith to the AP: "I would tell you that I don’t think it’s a very good fit for us right now."
- Reds manager Dusty Baker to John Fay: "I don’t [see] where. He might be better suited for an American League team."
- Pirates president Frank Coonelly: "We are not interested in inviting Barry to Spring Training."
- Nick Cafardo hears that the Red Sox won’t pursue Bonds either.
- Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reports that Angels GM Tony Reagins has no interest in Bonds.