On this date 72 years ago, in what may have been the biggest trade in Negro League history, Josh Gibson and Judy Johnson were traded from the Pittsburgh Crawfords to the Homestead Grays for $25K and two players. Earlier this week, Pudge Rodriguez, one of the greatest catchers of this generation, became the latest big-name free agent to find a home. Let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere...
- Pirate Revolution takes a look at some players that could become available for the Pirates in the next two weeks as teams trim their rosters, including Jeff Niemann.
- The 2012 payroll commitments in the AL East do not sit well with Drunk Jays Fans.
- MLB Notebook attempts to calculate exactly how much teams should be willing to give Pedro Martinez.
- Jorge Says No! says the Astros and Pedro are a good match and the recent signing of Pudge is an indication that the Astros are going for it this season.
- The Ghost of Moonlight Graham says Pudge "fooled" the Astros into giving him $1.5MM.
- The Fightins try to dispel the myth that Raul Ibanez was a poor defensive addition to the Phillies.
- Twins Geek takes a look at the Twins incredible shrinking payroll.
- Fire Brand of the American League says the release of Josh Bard has much bigger implications for the Red Sox than might be evident on the surface.
- Sully Baseball takes a look at the Cleveland Indians all-time homegrown team versus their all-time acquired team.