Bob Miller, the Assistant GM for the Reds, chatted with fans this afternoon on MLB.com. Here are some of the highlights:
- This year the Reds would consider dealing for a right-handed power bat, but they'll "play it by ear and see if the deal will help" the team.
- Of the trades he's been a part of, Miller's proudest of dealing Karim Garcia for Luis Gonzalez with the D'Backs.
- He metioned the Brandon Phillips and Bronson Arroyo deals as the best ones the Reds have made recently.
- The deal Miller's least proud of? Trading six players for Richie Sexson.
- Miller believes the Reds have a strong minor league system because of its depth. He specifically mentioned Yonder Alonso, who's hitting well lately.
- Miller compared the draft to "the biggest board game you can possibly imagine" in terms of the strategy it demands.