Baseball America released this week's set of minor league transactions, and there was plenty of interesting movement. Let's break it down.
- The Indians signed reliever Mike Gosling to a minor league pact. The Twins released Gosling earlier this month. He last pitched in the big leagues for the Reds in 2007.
- The Tigers released Jason Tyner. You probably remember that the Brewers traded Tyner to the Tigers back in April for literally nothing.
- Marlins youngster Cameron Maybin was suspended for "aggressively arguing a call and bumping an umpire."
- The Astros removed Geoff Geary from the 40-man roster and outrighted him to Triple-A.
- The Angels signed former Orioles wunderkind Val Majewski to a minor league pact.
- Chris Burke was granted free agency by the Padres. He fashioned just a .207-.270-.305 batting line in 89 plate appearances this season.
- The Giants released Jesse Foppert, who was once the best pitching prospect in the game. He hasn't pitched in the majors since 2005.