Some links for Wednesday morning…
- Brad Hawpe would void his 2011 option and become a free agent after next season if he's traded, according to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star explains why yesterday was a good day to be a Royals fan even though the team lost its 22nd game in its last 28 tries. They drafted Aaron Crow and Wil Myers, the best players available to them.
- Mellinger points out that "any immediate reaction to baseball's draft is an overreaction" and these players won't necessarily be stars, but he likes the Royals' approach.
- Bryan Smith of Baseball Prospectus has some names to watch in today's portion of the draft.
- Baseball America's John Manuel reports that the's A's selected catcher Max Stassi, who BA ranked higher than any other player remaining.
- We have a Stephen Strasburg discussion underway on the MLBTR Facebook page. Follow MLBTR on Twitter and on your mobile phone.