On this date nine years ago the Rangers traded Dave Martinez to the Blue Jays. It was the third time Martinez had been traded since the beginning of the season. That night, Martinez would tie a big league record by playing for his fourth franchise in one season. He also appeared with the Devil Rays and the Cubs. Martinez' current club, the Rays, did not make any trade deadline deals, but plenty of other teams did. Let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- MLB Notebook hosted a round-table discussing the trade deadline winners and losers.
- Sully Baseball says declaring winners and losers this soon is meaningless.
- Zells Pinstripe Blog says the trade deadline was not as bad for the Yankees as many think.
- Rays Revolutionary explains why it was not important for the Rays to make any deadline deals.
- UmpBump wonders how Adam LaRoche makes the Braves better in 2010, as some have suggested.
- Capitol Avenue Club explains the reasoning behind the Adam LaRoche deal for the Braves.
- Talking Chop looks at what the Adam LaRoche trade means for Chipper Jones' future in Atlanta.
- Dodgers Rumors looks at some August waiver-wire trade targets for the Dodgers.
- MLB Insights makes a case that J.P. Ricciardi's tenure has been a successful one.