I can't even begin to describe the hyper-ness of these links:
- Nick Piecoro at the Arizona Republic got word that the Diamondbacks don't plan to decrease payroll from the $73 million they have on the books this year. He gives a nice rundown of what'll be due next season.
- Despite Jamie Moyer being sent to the bullpen before multiple incentives kicked in, Andy Martino at the Philadelphia Inquirer isn't convinced the move was financially motivated.
- Mark Sheldon at MLB.com thinks the Reds should pursue Bill Hall as it's a "no-risk move."
- Doug Davis is aware of the rumors swirling around him being dealt this deadline, but seems to be warm to the idea of pitching for a contender as some postseason experience can help his pending contract, says Steve Gilbert at MLB.com.
- It's appearing more and more that Luis Gonzalez will officially retire and potentially take a spot in the Diamondbacks front office, says Steve Gilbert.
- According to Dejan Kovacevic at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates have made their claim of John Meloan official and also have signed Australian free agent Jarryd Sullivan to a deal.
- Mike Scioscia isn't expecting Kelvim Escobar to return from injury this year, says Rhett Bollinger at MLB.com. Perhaps this accelerates the Angels' search for a starter.
Full Story | Comments (7) | Categories: Arizona Diamondbacks | Bill Hall | Doug Davis | Jamie Moyer | Kelvim Escobar | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Luis Gonzalez | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates
Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco Quick Hits: Rays, Kimbrel, Weeks, Kalish, Madson AL West Notes: Wilson, Young, Angels, Morrison AL Central Notes: Jackson, Pelfrey, Garza, Butler Rockies Close To Signing Boone Logan Dodgers Notes: Kemp, Phillips, Gordon, Kasten Rosenthal On Gardner, Kemp, Drew, Mariners Blue Jays Notes: Rasmus, Samardzija, Anthopoulos Yankees Offered Infante Three Years, $24MM Royals, Blue Jays Discussed Billy Butler Trade Rockies Close To Deal With Logan, Talking To Howell Mets Notes: Axford, Gregg, Drew, Payroll Red Sox Designate Alex Castellanos Padres, Indians Competing For Joaquin Benoit Three Teams Have Two-Year Offers To Balfour
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors