Time for another round of links…
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution wouldn't be surprised if the Braves could get a team to pick up Derek Lowe's contract. The righty has $45MM remaining on the four-year deal he signed last offseason.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star says there's "significant discontent" towards Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston. It's just not as bad as Ken Rosenthal says it is.
- MLB.com's Jordan Bastian says the discontent has been building in the clubhouse all season long.
- From Jeff Blair's Twitter: "Poor Chicago: first they get screwed by [Alex] Rios, then they get screwed by Rio."
- As MLB.com's Mark Sheldon notes, the Reds fired pitching coach Dick Pole.
- Matthew Cerrone and Michael Baron of MetsBlog are divided on whether Carlos Zambrano would be a good addition for the Mets.
- ESPN.com's Buster Olney hears that it will cost about $500MM to buy the Rangers.