- Prince Fielder, Brewers. On October 7th, Brewers GM replied, "I don't see that happening" when asked about trading Fielder or Ryan Braun (Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reporting). What's more, SI's Jon Heyman expects the Brewers to attempt to lock Fielder up this winter. Fielder is already under team control through 2011, and there is no reason to expect him to be shopped (the Brewers have other trade chips with which they can acquire pitching).
- Adrian Gonzalez, Padres. Like Fielder, most Gonzalez trade rumors have been speculative. And Jed Hoyer knowing Theo Epstein doesn't really increase the chances of a trade to Boston. The Padres have a small payroll, but Gonzalez will only earn $10.25MM over the next two seasons. Hoyer even said long-term discussions are "on the docket." On the other hand, there were summer trade talks with the Mariners, Red Sox, and Dodgers under old GM Kevin Towers. Towers believes "it's just a matter of when" the Padres trade Gonzalez.
- Adam Dunn, Nationals. We haven't heard anything about Dunn being available, but it'd be reasonable for GM Mike Rizzo to listen. The Nats have Dunn signed for next year at $12MM.
- Lyle Overbay, Blue Jays. Currently, the Blue Jays have no plans to move Adam Lind to first base (says MLB.com's Jordan Bastian). If they change their mind, Overbay and his $7MM salary could theoretically be shopped.
- Jorge Cantu, Marlins. Here's a guy who's actually likely to be available this winter. The thinking is that the Marlins would prefer not to give Cantu an arbitration raise on his $3.5MM salary. Cantu traded some power for OBP this year.
- James Loney, Dodgers. More speculation...the Dodgers could consider trading Loney and his .399 SLG if they'd prefer more power at first base. Loney's salary is set to take a jump through arbitration this year.
- Ryan Garko, Giants. Garko is a non-tender candidate for the Giants, so it figures they'll try to trade him first. At the least, Garko handles lefties well.
- Casey Kotchman, Red Sox. Kotchman was an odd acquisition by the Red Sox, as they don't have much of a spot for him. He's similar to Loney but the asking price might be lower.
- Andy Marte, Indians. Marte's future with the Tribe is in doubt after a .232/.293/.400 performance in the bigs. He did slug .593 at Triple A this year.
- Mike Jacobs, Royals. Like Garko, a non-tender candidate. Jacobs spent most of the season as a DH.
Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Mets To Promote Zack Wheeler Yankees To Sign Ian Clarkin Rays Promote Wil Myers Brewers Sign Devin Williams Dodgers Claim John Baker Mets Designate Collin McHugh For Assignment Astros To Sign Mark Appel Marlins Sign Colby Suggs Marlins Place Miguel Olivo On Restricted List Padres Sign 2nd Round Pick Dustin Peterson Pirates Designate Mike Zagurski For Assignment Indians To Sign Clint Frazier Mariners Sign Henry Blanco; Designate Kelly Shoppach For Assignment Dodgers Designate Ramon Hernandez For Assignment Padres Designate James Darnell For Assignment Tigers Sign Jonathon Crawford Padres Acquire Pedro Ciriaco Rockies Sign Alex Balog Phillies Sign Andrew Knapp Pirates Release Jose Contreras Indians Sign Clay Rapada Giants Designate Ramon Ramirez For Assignment
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Appel, Padres, Jimenez, 2014 Draft Cubs Sign Second-Round Pick Rob Zastryzny Draft Signings: Healy, Finnegan, Williams, Heim NL East Links: Papelbon, Tigers, Amaro, Upton AL East Notes: Cashman, Red Sox, Myers, Orioles Cardinals Sign Oscar Mercado To Over-Slot Deal Minor Moves: Stange, Ruiz, Carter, Torra Astros Sign Second-Round Pick Andrew Thurman Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Mets To Promote Zack Wheeler Rangers Sign Dominican Lefty Francis Cespedes Mets Sign Second-Rounder Andrew Church Tigers Sign Comp Pick Corey Knebel Mark Teahen Signs With York Revolution Mets Intend To Keep Parnell
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors