Andy Martino of the Philadelphia Inquirer spoke to Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr., who said that he doesn't expect to make any big splashes during the winter meetings. Martino shares a handful of other Phillies tidbits with us....
- Faced with a tight budget, Amaro says he wouldn't mind heading into 2010 without adding any major bullpen arms, and using in-house candidates instead.
- Despite that statement, the Phillies are still interested in Brandon Lyon and have been in touch with the right-hander's agent.
- Contract offers have been extended to Scott Eyre and Chan Ho Park. Amaro indicates that if the pair of relievers decline those offers, the club "might have to go ahead and move on."
- Kyle Drabek will definitely not be a part of the Phillies' bullpen plans. Amaro says there's "no chance" the team will break in Drabek as a reliever. The top prospect will likely start the year in Triple-A.
- There has been speculation that the Phillies could try to trade Joe Blanton to free up some payroll space, but those rumors haven't been confirmed.