Six years ago today, the Phillies traded Jim Thome to the White Sox for Aaron Rowand, Gio Gonzalez, and Daniel Haigwood, opening up first base for reigning Rookie of the Year Ryan Howard. With Howard due to miss time with a ruptured Achilles next season, Philadelphia brought Thome back to help fill in at first base.
Here are some links to peruse as you chow down on some Thanksgiving leftovers...
- Baseball Nation looked at the unintended consequences of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Did The Tribe Win Last Night? spoke to Vinnie Pestano of the Indians about the 2012 season.
- BoSox Injection says Joe Nathan signing with the Rangers created an opportunity for the Red Sox.
- The Hottest Stove praises the Nathan signing because it puts Neftali Feliz in the rotation.
- Yankees Fans Unite identified Matt Garza as a potential trade target for the Yankees.
- I-70 Baseball believes Prince Fielder is a better fit for the Cubs than Albert Pujols.
- Rooftop View tries to figure out what the Cubs should do at third base.
- Call to the Pen likes the Clint Barmes signing for the Pirates.
- Giants Nirvana looks back at Freddy Sanchez's extension, eight months later.
- South Side Showdown thinks a Carlos Quentin trade would benefit both Quentin and the White Sox.
- Chicken Friars looked at some free agent pitchers that could interest the Padres.
- Ol' Ball Game listed some free agent and trade targets for the Padres.
- Prospect Insider believes the Mariners should trade Brandon League.
- Swingin A's revisited the Athletics' rebuilding process.
- Rising Apple calls Chris Volstad a potential offseason target for the Mets.
- Cleveland Indians Perspective wrote about the players the Indians protected from the Rule 5 Draft.
- House of the Bluebird likes the idea of Francisco Rodriguez closing for the Blue Jays.
- Jays Journal says Yonder Alonso doesn't make much sense for Toronto right now.
- Sports of Boston wonders if Tim Wakefield has any value on the open market.
- Warehouse Worthy tries to figure out who Matt Wieters is.
- Lasorda's Lair thinks Matt Kemp should have won the NL MVP Award.
- Infield Chatter wrote about the MVP award and the debate it creates.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.