Dust off your crystal ball, it's time for MLBTR's first-ever free agent prediction contest! Predict destinations for our top 50 free agents, with the chance to win fantastic prizes and bragging rights over your friends and the MLBTR writing team.
How To Play
- Click here to make picks for our top 50 free agents. For each player you can choose any of the 30 teams, as well as Retirement or Japan.
- A Facebook account is required to participate in this contest. You can log in with the button up top, or by using the Save Your Picks button at the bottom.
- Feel free to leave your picks incomplete for now, as long as you save them using the button at the bottom. The contest is open now and runs until midnight central time on Sunday, November 6th. Make sure to have something chosen and saved for all 50 players by the Sunday deadline, or else you will not be eligible for the contest.
- The leaderboard will rank contestants by "batting average" on correct picks, once players start signing. The leaderboard will show everyone's full names and Facebook profile picture.
- Final picks must be saved by November 6th at midnight central time - no exceptions.
- MLBTR writers are not eligible for prizes.
- One entry per person, please.
- With regard to prizes, ties in batting average will be decided by totaling the ranking number of each correctly-guessed free agent and taking the lowest total, rewarding contestants for being right on better free agents. If people are still tied after that method is applied, prizes will be distributed at MLBTR's discretion by choosing among tied contestants randomly.
- Prize winners must respond to an email message within 48 hours.
- $1,000 in cash prizes to be distributed among the top five finishers
- Three Baseball's Greatest Games DVD sets from A&E
- One-year digital subscription to Baseball America, 2012 Prospect Handbook, 2012 Almanac, 2012 Great Parks Calendar
- Three copies of Baseball HQ's 2012 Forecaster book, three copies of Baseball HQ's 2012 Minor League Analyst book
- $50 coupon code for American Needle headwear
- One-year subscription to Baseball Prospectus
- One year unlimited services at Fantasy Judgment
- Three 2012 Bill James Baseball IQ iPhone apps