We’re looking to add to the MLB Trade Rumors writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. The criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration and free agent compensation.
- Availability to regularly work a 1-5pm CDT shift or 5-11pm CDT shift every Sunday is required. Weeknight shifts may also become available.
- Writing experience is necessary and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter and an RSS feed reader such as Google Reader. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- If you're interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out in a couple of short paragraphs. Hundreds will apply, so we cannot respond to most applications.