A look back at the original reporting and analysis from the MLBTR team this week..
- MLBTR was the first to learn that the Royals signed 36-year-old left-hander Doug Davis to a minor league deal.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith profiled some potential heirs to Bud Selig’s throne.
- It’s a Make Or Break Year for Kevin Youkilis, Mike Axisa writes.
- I looked back at the trade that sent Dave Winfield from the Yankees to the Angels. The veteran outfielder had ten-and-five rights and used his leverage to extract a new contract out of the Halos.
- The Rockies, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Giants, and Padres were profiled in our 2013 Contract Issues series.
- This season will be telling for Cubs catcher Geovany Soto, writes Mark Polishuk.
- Goodness gracious, it’s been five years since Roger Clemens returned to the Yankees.
- Mike compiled the best of the web in this week’s installment of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Ben had the wheel this week for our chat.