Although the non-waiver trade deadline passed a month ago, teams are still able to swing deals via the waiver process through the end of the season. However, last night was the deadline to acquire a player and have him be eligible for the playoff roster. Because of that, the month of September is usually a slow one on the trade rumor circuit.
With some help from our Transaction Tracker, here's a recap of some notable recent September transactions from the last three years...
- Sean Rodriguez -- traded by Angels to Rays as player to named later in Scott Kazmir trade in 2009.
- Willie Bloomquist -- traded by Royals to Reds in 2010.
- Octavio Dotel -- traded by Dodgers to Rockies in 2010.
- Mike Zagurski -- traded by Phillies to Diamondbacks in 2011.
- Kila Ka'aihue -- traded by Royals to Athletics in 2011.
- Ryan Franklin -- two-year, $6.5MM extension with Cardinals in 2009.
- Trever Miller -- two-year, $4MM extension with Cardinals in 2009.
- Chris Carpenter -- two-year, $21MM extension with Cardinals in 2011.
- Tim Byrdak -- one-year extension with Mets in 2011.
- Lance Berkman -- one-year, $12MM extension with Cardinals in 2011.
- Omar Infante -- two-year, $8MM extension with Marlins in 2011.
- Sergio Santos -- three-year, $8.25MM extension with White Sox in 2011.