Tonight’s outright assignments..
- The Brewers announced via press release that they have outrighted first baseman Travis Ishikawa to Triple-A Nashville. Ishikawa, 29, hit .257/.329/.428 with four homers in 94 games last season.
- The Rockies announced (via Twitter) that they have outrighted right-hander Carlos Torres. In related moves, the club selected the contracts of right-hander Josh Sullivan, reinstated Todd Helton, Juan Nicasio, and Christian Friedrich from the 60-day DL. The right-hander appeared in 31 games for the Rockies this season posting a 5.26 ERA with 7.1 K/9 and 4.4 BB/9.
- The Orioles announced (via Twitter) that they have outrighted Lew Ford, Zach Phillips and Steven Tolleson to Triple-A Norfolk. Ford turned in another strong Triple-A batting line in 2012, hitting .331/.390/.550 with 11 homers in 62 games.
- Mets catcher Mike Nickeas cleared waivers and has been outrighted to Las Vegas, tweets Andy McCullough of The Star-Ledger. Nickeas saw time in 47 big league games for the Mets this season as one of several backstops to pitch in at the position.
- The Twins announced that right-hander Sam Deduno has been assigned outright to Triple-A Rochester. The move will help make room for the acquisitions of Thomas Field, Josh Roenicke, and Alexi Casilla off of waivers.
- The Royals sent catcher Manny Pina to Triple-A Omaha on outright assignment, tweets Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. In related moves, left-hander Danny Duffy and right-hander Felipe Paulino have been reinstated from the 60-day disabled list. Pina, 25, hit .260/.389/.397 in 162 Double-A plate appearances last year.