- The Angels issued a pair of two-year contracts yesterday, signing Joe Blanton for a total of $15MM and Sean Burnett for a total of $8MM. Each contract contains an option for a third year.
- The White Sox agreed to sign Jeff Keppinger to a three-year deal that will pay the long-time utilityman $12MM.
- Randy Choate received a surprising three-year, $7.5MM contract with the Cardinals. Choate has long been one of the game's deadliest weapons against left-handed hitters.
- The Diamondbacks made a pair of Major League signings, inking Eric Chavez for one year and $3MM, and also signing Wil Nieves for $800K to be their backup catcher in 2013.
- Nate Schierholtz signed a one-year contract with the Cubs worth $2.25MM. The longtime Giant can also earn up to $500K in incentives.
- Nate McLouth will be returning to the Orioles on a one-year deal that will pay him $2MM and also contains another $500K of incentives.
- The Mariners agreed to a one-year, Major League contract with Jason Bay that will pay the former All Star less than $1MM as he attempts to re-establish his career.
- Jeff Francis re-signed with the Rockies on a one-year, Major League deal, though the exact dollar figures haven't been released yet.
- The Pirates acquired formertop prospect Andrew Oliver from the Tigers in exchange for minor league catcher Ramon Cabrera.
- The Braves exercised their 2014 option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- Talk surfaced of a four-team blockbuster that would send Justin Upton to the Rangers, Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks and prospects to the Indians. Late last night it was reported that the Mariners were one potential partner in the deal. They hope to use their prospects to ensure that Upton lands in Texas, because it would allow them the opportunity to sign Josh Hamilton.
- Speaking of Hamilton, the Mariners are indeed making a serious run at him. He's holding out to hear from his first choice, however -- the Rangers.
- Meanwhile, the Rangers are waiting for a decision from Zack Greinke, whose decision appears to be down to Texas or the Dodgers, barring the emergence of the dreaded mystery team. There's a growing sense that he'll end up with the Rangers, it seems.
- The Mets are still weighing their options on whether to trade or extend R.A. Dickey, whose asking price is two additional years at $13MM each.
- An offseason extension for the Mariners and Felix Hernandez was reported to be very nlikely, and the same can be said for Padres third baseman Chase Headley.
- The Phillies and Rangers are in advanced talks about a trade for Michael Young.
- Kevin Youkilis has offers from multiple teams, one of whom is the Indians. Cleveland is in heavy pursuit of Youkilis, who is weighing his options for the time being.
- The Nationals remain confident they can re-sign Adam LaRoche, but the team's preference is to keep the contract to a guarantee of two years.
- Four teams -- the Cubs, Brewers, Royals and Red Sox -- were linked to Ryan Dempster. The Royals reportedly made a two-year, $26MM offer but were rejected as Dempster holds out for a third year.
- The Twins are calling teams to gauge interest in 2006 AL MVP Justin Morneau in their quest to add pitching talent to the organization.
- Multiple teams, including the Royals, Brewers and Twins have contacted the Rangers regarding lefty Derek Holland.
- Brewers general manager Doug Melvin will listen to offers on Corey Hart, but isn't shopping his slugger and would need a significant return to make a deal.
- Five teams are interested in veteran corner infielder Jack Hannahan, who is expected to sign a Major League deal.
- Jason Grilli has offers from several teams and is currently "wading through them," though the Brewers are not in the mix. I'd expect Grilli to sign for multiple years based on his 2012 season.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment Freddy Garcia Close To Signing With Team In Asia Chicago Notes: Samardzija, Hoyer, Hoffman, Sale Several Teams Interested In Manny Ramirez Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency Diamondbacks Outright Alex Sanabia Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer Minor Moves: Perez, Loewen, Neil White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors