- The Angels issued a pair of two-year contracts yesterday, signing Joe Blanton for a total of $15MM and Sean Burnett for a total of $8MM. Each contract contains an option for a third year.
- The White Sox agreed to sign Jeff Keppinger to a three-year deal that will pay the long-time utilityman $12MM.
- Randy Choate received a surprising three-year, $7.5MM contract with the Cardinals. Choate has long been one of the game's deadliest weapons against left-handed hitters.
- The Diamondbacks made a pair of Major League signings, inking Eric Chavez for one year and $3MM, and also signing Wil Nieves for $800K to be their backup catcher in 2013.
- Nate Schierholtz signed a one-year contract with the Cubs worth $2.25MM. The longtime Giant can also earn up to $500K in incentives.
- Nate McLouth will be returning to the Orioles on a one-year deal that will pay him $2MM and also contains another $500K of incentives.
- The Mariners agreed to a one-year, Major League contract with Jason Bay that will pay the former All Star less than $1MM as he attempts to re-establish his career.
- Jeff Francis re-signed with the Rockies on a one-year, Major League deal, though the exact dollar figures haven't been released yet.
- The Pirates acquired formertop prospect Andrew Oliver from the Tigers in exchange for minor league catcher Ramon Cabrera.
- The Braves exercised their 2014 option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- Talk surfaced of a four-team blockbuster that would send Justin Upton to the Rangers, Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks and prospects to the Indians. Late last night it was reported that the Mariners were one potential partner in the deal. They hope to use their prospects to ensure that Upton lands in Texas, because it would allow them the opportunity to sign Josh Hamilton.
- Speaking of Hamilton, the Mariners are indeed making a serious run at him. He's holding out to hear from his first choice, however -- the Rangers.
- Meanwhile, the Rangers are waiting for a decision from Zack Greinke, whose decision appears to be down to Texas or the Dodgers, barring the emergence of the dreaded mystery team. There's a growing sense that he'll end up with the Rangers, it seems.
- The Mets are still weighing their options on whether to trade or extend R.A. Dickey, whose asking price is two additional years at $13MM each.
- An offseason extension for the Mariners and Felix Hernandez was reported to be very nlikely, and the same can be said for Padres third baseman Chase Headley.
- The Phillies and Rangers are in advanced talks about a trade for Michael Young.
- Kevin Youkilis has offers from multiple teams, one of whom is the Indians. Cleveland is in heavy pursuit of Youkilis, who is weighing his options for the time being.
- The Nationals remain confident they can re-sign Adam LaRoche, but the team's preference is to keep the contract to a guarantee of two years.
- Four teams -- the Cubs, Brewers, Royals and Red Sox -- were linked to Ryan Dempster. The Royals reportedly made a two-year, $26MM offer but were rejected as Dempster holds out for a third year.
- The Twins are calling teams to gauge interest in 2006 AL MVP Justin Morneau in their quest to add pitching talent to the organization.
- Multiple teams, including the Royals, Brewers and Twins have contacted the Rangers regarding lefty Derek Holland.
- Brewers general manager Doug Melvin will listen to offers on Corey Hart, but isn't shopping his slugger and would need a significant return to make a deal.
- Five teams are interested in veteran corner infielder Jack Hannahan, who is expected to sign a Major League deal.
- Jason Grilli has offers from several teams and is currently "wading through them," though the Brewers are not in the mix. I'd expect Grilli to sign for multiple years based on his 2012 season.
Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Latest On Matt Kemp Central Notes: Anderson, Cardinals, Ellis, Pirates East Notes: Tanaka, Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Chavez Corey Hart Could Make Decision Tonight East Notes: Mets, Burnett, Phillies, Benoit Central Notes: Arroyo, Twins, Cards, De Aza, Indians Nationals Interested In Justin Wilson, Jerry Blevins West Notes: Gutierrez, Young, Morse, Sizemore, Cruz Mark Trumbo Trade Reactions/Fallout Mark Mulder Making Comeback Bid Four Teams Interested In Jason Hammel David Price Rumors: Tuesday Rangers Have Interest in Bartolo Colon D-Backs To Acquire Trumbo In Three-Team Trade With Angels, White Sox Rakuten President Undecided On Whether To Post Tanaka
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors