- The Angels issued a pair of two-year contracts yesterday, signing Joe Blanton for a total of $15MM and Sean Burnett for a total of $8MM. Each contract contains an option for a third year.
- The White Sox agreed to sign Jeff Keppinger to a three-year deal that will pay the long-time utilityman $12MM.
- Randy Choate received a surprising three-year, $7.5MM contract with the Cardinals. Choate has long been one of the game's deadliest weapons against left-handed hitters.
- The Diamondbacks made a pair of Major League signings, inking Eric Chavez for one year and $3MM, and also signing Wil Nieves for $800K to be their backup catcher in 2013.
- Nate Schierholtz signed a one-year contract with the Cubs worth $2.25MM. The longtime Giant can also earn up to $500K in incentives.
- Nate McLouth will be returning to the Orioles on a one-year deal that will pay him $2MM and also contains another $500K of incentives.
- The Mariners agreed to a one-year, Major League contract with Jason Bay that will pay the former All Star less than $1MM as he attempts to re-establish his career.
- Jeff Francis re-signed with the Rockies on a one-year, Major League deal, though the exact dollar figures haven't been released yet.
- The Pirates acquired formertop prospect Andrew Oliver from the Tigers in exchange for minor league catcher Ramon Cabrera.
- The Braves exercised their 2014 option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- Talk surfaced of a four-team blockbuster that would send Justin Upton to the Rangers, Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks and prospects to the Indians. Late last night it was reported that the Mariners were one potential partner in the deal. They hope to use their prospects to ensure that Upton lands in Texas, because it would allow them the opportunity to sign Josh Hamilton.
- Speaking of Hamilton, the Mariners are indeed making a serious run at him. He's holding out to hear from his first choice, however -- the Rangers.
- Meanwhile, the Rangers are waiting for a decision from Zack Greinke, whose decision appears to be down to Texas or the Dodgers, barring the emergence of the dreaded mystery team. There's a growing sense that he'll end up with the Rangers, it seems.
- The Mets are still weighing their options on whether to trade or extend R.A. Dickey, whose asking price is two additional years at $13MM each.
- An offseason extension for the Mariners and Felix Hernandez was reported to be very nlikely, and the same can be said for Padres third baseman Chase Headley.
- The Phillies and Rangers are in advanced talks about a trade for Michael Young.
- Kevin Youkilis has offers from multiple teams, one of whom is the Indians. Cleveland is in heavy pursuit of Youkilis, who is weighing his options for the time being.
- The Nationals remain confident they can re-sign Adam LaRoche, but the team's preference is to keep the contract to a guarantee of two years.
- Four teams -- the Cubs, Brewers, Royals and Red Sox -- were linked to Ryan Dempster. The Royals reportedly made a two-year, $26MM offer but were rejected as Dempster holds out for a third year.
- The Twins are calling teams to gauge interest in 2006 AL MVP Justin Morneau in their quest to add pitching talent to the organization.
- Multiple teams, including the Royals, Brewers and Twins have contacted the Rangers regarding lefty Derek Holland.
- Brewers general manager Doug Melvin will listen to offers on Corey Hart, but isn't shopping his slugger and would need a significant return to make a deal.
- Five teams are interested in veteran corner infielder Jack Hannahan, who is expected to sign a Major League deal.
- Jason Grilli has offers from several teams and is currently "wading through them," though the Brewers are not in the mix. I'd expect Grilli to sign for multiple years based on his 2012 season.
Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos Luke Hochevar To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Royals Release Brad Penny Ervin Santana's Representation Currently Unsettled AL Central Notes: Masterson, De Aza, Santana, Tigers NL West Notes: Jobe, Maybin, Headley, Betancourt 2013-14 Article XX(B) Free Agents Out Of Options Players: NL West
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors