- The Angels issued a pair of two-year contracts yesterday, signing Joe Blanton for a total of $15MM and Sean Burnett for a total of $8MM. Each contract contains an option for a third year.
- The White Sox agreed to sign Jeff Keppinger to a three-year deal that will pay the long-time utilityman $12MM.
- Randy Choate received a surprising three-year, $7.5MM contract with the Cardinals. Choate has long been one of the game's deadliest weapons against left-handed hitters.
- The Diamondbacks made a pair of Major League signings, inking Eric Chavez for one year and $3MM, and also signing Wil Nieves for $800K to be their backup catcher in 2013.
- Nate Schierholtz signed a one-year contract with the Cubs worth $2.25MM. The longtime Giant can also earn up to $500K in incentives.
- Nate McLouth will be returning to the Orioles on a one-year deal that will pay him $2MM and also contains another $500K of incentives.
- The Mariners agreed to a one-year, Major League contract with Jason Bay that will pay the former All Star less than $1MM as he attempts to re-establish his career.
- Jeff Francis re-signed with the Rockies on a one-year, Major League deal, though the exact dollar figures haven't been released yet.
- The Pirates acquired formertop prospect Andrew Oliver from the Tigers in exchange for minor league catcher Ramon Cabrera.
- The Braves exercised their 2014 option on manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- Talk surfaced of a four-team blockbuster that would send Justin Upton to the Rangers, Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks and prospects to the Indians. Late last night it was reported that the Mariners were one potential partner in the deal. They hope to use their prospects to ensure that Upton lands in Texas, because it would allow them the opportunity to sign Josh Hamilton.
- Speaking of Hamilton, the Mariners are indeed making a serious run at him. He's holding out to hear from his first choice, however -- the Rangers.
- Meanwhile, the Rangers are waiting for a decision from Zack Greinke, whose decision appears to be down to Texas or the Dodgers, barring the emergence of the dreaded mystery team. There's a growing sense that he'll end up with the Rangers, it seems.
- The Mets are still weighing their options on whether to trade or extend R.A. Dickey, whose asking price is two additional years at $13MM each.
- An offseason extension for the Mariners and Felix Hernandez was reported to be very nlikely, and the same can be said for Padres third baseman Chase Headley.
- The Phillies and Rangers are in advanced talks about a trade for Michael Young.
- Kevin Youkilis has offers from multiple teams, one of whom is the Indians. Cleveland is in heavy pursuit of Youkilis, who is weighing his options for the time being.
- The Nationals remain confident they can re-sign Adam LaRoche, but the team's preference is to keep the contract to a guarantee of two years.
- Four teams -- the Cubs, Brewers, Royals and Red Sox -- were linked to Ryan Dempster. The Royals reportedly made a two-year, $26MM offer but were rejected as Dempster holds out for a third year.
- The Twins are calling teams to gauge interest in 2006 AL MVP Justin Morneau in their quest to add pitching talent to the organization.
- Multiple teams, including the Royals, Brewers and Twins have contacted the Rangers regarding lefty Derek Holland.
- Brewers general manager Doug Melvin will listen to offers on Corey Hart, but isn't shopping his slugger and would need a significant return to make a deal.
- Five teams are interested in veteran corner infielder Jack Hannahan, who is expected to sign a Major League deal.
- Jason Grilli has offers from several teams and is currently "wading through them," though the Brewers are not in the mix. I'd expect Grilli to sign for multiple years based on his 2012 season.
Orioles Designate Yamaico Navarro Mets Agree To Sign Dominic Smith Giants To Sign Christian Arroyo Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Mets To Promote Zack Wheeler Yankees To Sign Ian Clarkin Rays Promote Wil Myers Brewers Sign Devin Williams Dodgers Claim John Baker Mets Designate Collin McHugh For Assignment Astros To Sign Mark Appel Marlins Sign Colby Suggs Marlins Place Miguel Olivo On Restricted List Pirates Designate Mike Zagurski For Assignment Indians To Sign Clint Frazier Mariners Sign Henry Blanco; Designate Kelly Shoppach For Assignment Dodgers Designate Ramon Hernandez For Assignment Padres Designate James Darnell For Assignment Tigers Sign Jonathon Crawford Padres Acquire Pedro Ciriaco
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Yankees Acquire Fernando Martinez Yankees Designate Chris Bootcheck For Assignment Padres Sign Ben Francisco Astros, Boras Meet To Discuss Appel Deal City Of San Jose Files Lawsuit Against MLB Diamondbacks Sign Braden Shipley Phillies Sign J.P. Crawford Orioles Designate Yamaico Navarro For Assignment Youkilis Out 10-12 Weeks Due To Back Surgery Mets Agree To Sign Dominic Smith MLBTR Chat Transcript Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Draft Signings: Bohn, Salazar, Verbistky, Healy, Moll Giants To Sign Christian Arroyo Quick Hits: Manny, Hanrahan, Top Prospects, Teixeira
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors