Here's a look at the week that was here at MLBTR.
- The Angels traded outfielder Vernon Wells and cash to the Yankees for minor-leaguers Exicardo Cayones and Kramer Sneed.
- The Brewers signed pitcher Kyle Lohse to a three-year, $33MM contract.
- The Tigers signed pitcher Justin Verlander to a five-year, $140MM extension that begins in 2015, for an average annual value of $28MM per year.
- The Giants signed catcher Buster Posey to an eight-year, $159MM extension.
- The Cardinals signed pitcher Adam Wainwright to a five-year, $97.5MM extension.
- The Diamondbacks signed first baseman Paul Goldschmidt to a five-year, $32MM extension.
- The Blue Jays signed pitcher J.A. Happ to an extension that will pay him $5.2MM in 2014.
- The Dodgers discussed a new deal with pitcher Clayton Kershaw.
- The Giants extended the contracts of general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy.
- The Brewers signed infielder Yuniesky Betancourt.
- The Athletics claimed pitchers Danny Otero from the Yankees and Josh Stinson from the Brewers. The Yankees had claimed Otero from the Giants earlier in the week.
- The Blue Jays claimed first baseman Clint Robinson from the Pirates and pitcher Alex Burnett from the Twins.
- In addition to Robinson, the Pirates also designated pitcher Hunter Strickland for assignment.
- The Athletics designated first baseman Daric Barton and pitcher Travis Blackley for assignment.
- The Mariners designated outfielder Casper Wells for assignment.
- The Red Sox designated first baseman Mauro Gomez for assignment.
- The Blue Jays designated first baseman Lars Anderson for assignment.
- The Rockies designated catcher Ramon Hernandez and pitcher Will Harris for assignment.
- The Marlins designated Zack Cox, Gorkys Hernandez, Scott Maine and Evan Reed for assignment.
- The Reds designated infielder Jason Donald for assignment and outrighted pitcher Jose Arredondo to the minors.
- The Indians designated pitcher David Huff and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera for assignment.
- The Rays designated catchers Robinson Chirinos and Stephen Vogt for assignment.
- The Yankees designated pitchers Clay Rapada and David Aardsma for assignment and outrighted pitcher Sam Demel to the minors. The Yankees claimed Demel from the Astros earlier in the week.
- The Cubs outrighted pitcher Guillermo Moscoso to the minors after claiming him off waivers from the Blue Jays.
- Mets infielder Reese Havens and pitcher Darin Gorski cleared waivers.
- The Astros released infielder Tyler Greene.
- The Yankees released 1B/OF Juan Rivera and infielder David Adams.
- The Nationals released pitcher Chris Young.
- The Red Sox released outfielder Ryan Sweeney.
- The Rockies released pitcher Miguel Batista.
- The Mariners released catcher Ronny Paulino.
- The Diamondbacks released catcher Rod Barajas.
- The Rangers returned Rule 5 pick Coty Woods to the Rockies and received Rule 5 pick Chris McGuiness back from the Indians.
- The Rays traded pitcher Dane De La Rosa to the Angels for pitcher Steve Geltz.
- The Astros traded RF/C Mike Kvasnicka to the Twins for pitcher Gonzalo Sanudo.
- The Tigers traded catcher Curt Casali to the Rays for Rule 5 pick Kyle Lobstein, allowing them to retain Lobstein's rights.
- The Brewers traded pitcher Jairo Asencio the Orioles for a PTBNL or cash.
- The Indians traded minor-league catcher Brian Jeroloman to the Pirates for cash considerations.
- The Mets traded minor-league pitcher Elvin Ramirez to the Angels for cash considerations.
- The Rangers traded outfielder Desmond Henry to the Royals to complete the November deal for Tommy Hottovy.
- The Giants traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash considerations.
- The Yankees signed first baseman Lyle Overbay to a minor-league deal. The Red Sox had released Overbay earlier in the week.
- The Orioles signed pitcher Freddy Garcia to a minor-league deal.
- The Rockies signed pitcher Aaron Cook to a minor-league deal. The Phillies had released Cook earlier in the week.
- The Marlins agreed to terms with catcher Miguel Olivo on a one-year contract and with outfielder Matt Diaz on a minor-league deal. They also signed catcher Koyie Hill to a minor-league deal.
- The Angels signed reliever Mark Lowe to a minor-league deal.
- The Dodgers signed utilityman Nick Evans to a minor-league deal.
- The Giants re-signed pitcher Ramon Ramirez to a minor-league deal.
- The Royals re-signed veterans Xavier Nady and George Sherrill. The Royals had released both players earlier in the week.
- The Indians re-signed pitchers Daisuke Matsuzaka and Matt Capps. The Indians had released Capps and Matsuzaka earlier in the week.
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Overnight Links: Braves, Uribe, Red Sox, Nationals AL West Rumors: Rangers, Butler, Mariners, A's "Good Chance" Angels Trade Trumbo During Meetings Rockies Pushing Hard To Acquire Reliever Rajai Davis Nearing Deal; Tigers, Twins In Mix Quick Hits: Diaz, Francoeur, Pie, Beltran, O's David Price Rumors: Monday Rockies Rumors: Pomeranz, Davis, Anderson, Hammel Jeff Samardzija Rumors: Monday 12 Teams In On Jason Hammel Nationals Eyeing J.P. Howell, Scott Downs NL Central Notes: Cubs, Pirates, Brewers, Hart Latest On Masahiro Tanaka Reliever Rumors: Mets, Orioles, Mariners, Tigers Mets Exploring Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy Trades
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors