On this date in 1998, Bill Russell was let go as the manager of the Dodgers and replaced in the dugout by Glenn Hoffmann. Meanwhile, longtime GM Fred Claire was let go and Tommy Lasorda took over his job for the remainder of the season. The shakeup didn't do much to help the Dodgers situation - they were in third on June 21st and finished the season in third behind the Padres and Giants. Here's more from around baseball..
- Rumbunter Plus spoke with Pirates GM Neal Huntington on this week's podcast.
- The Tribe Daily asks if the Dolan family has smoothed things out with the Indians' fanbase.
- Lasorda's Lair sticks up for Juan Uribe.
- Pinstriped Bible looks at possible destinations for Phil Hughes.
- Blue Jays Plus discusses the rejuvenation of Brett Cecil.
- Feelin' Kinda Blue delves into the Dodgers' draft strategy.
- Baseball News Source gives some credit to Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley.
- Rays Colored Glasses dissects Wil Myers' strikeout issues.
- Sodo Mojo shines some light on Brad Miller.
- I R Fast asks if Yasiel Puig will be a superstar.
- Climbing Tal's Hill makes the case for Jason Castro getting elected to the All-Star team.
- Pinstripe Pundits sees Michael Young as a possible trade target for the Bombers.
- MLB Reports analyzes the trade market for Yovani Gallardo.
- A's Farm spoke with A's scouting director Eric Kubota.
- The Shea Faithful has ideas for optimizing Lucas Duda.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.