Here are today's outright assignments and minor moves from around the league…
- The Diamondbacks have outrighted right-hander Matt Langwell (to Triple-A) and outfielder Keon Broxton (to Double-A) off the 40-man roster, the team announced (via Twitter). Langwell, who was acquired by the Snakes in the Jason Kubel trade, posted a 5.14 ERA in 14 relief innings with Cleveland and Arizona in his rookie season. Broxton, a third round pick in the 2009 draft, posted a .655 OPS in 372 PA at Double-A last year.
- Brewers infielder Taylor Green has cleared waivers and will be outrighted off the 40-man roster, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (on Twitter). Green and teammate Mat Gamel were waived by the Brewers earlier this week (Gamel was recently claimed by the Cubs). Hip surgery cost the 27-year-old corner infielder his season, but Green is a career .311/.386/.513 hitter at Triple-A.
- Haudricourt also reports that the Brewers have outrighted outfielder Josh Prince and right-hander Nick Bucci (Twitter link). Prince, 25, hit .237/.338/.368 with 11 homers and 25 steals at Triple-A this year and receive nine PAs with the big league club. Bucci, 23, missed most of the season with injury for a second straight year.
- The Orioles announced that they have reinstated right-hander Eric Beaulac from the 15-day disabled list and outrighted him to Triple-A Norfolk. Beaulac, 26, was placed on the DL with a torn labrum in his right hip after having his contract selected on Sept. 1. He posted a 1.96 ERA with 20 strikeouts and 17 walks in 18 1/3 innings between High-A and Double-A this season.
- As can be seen in MLBTR's DFA Tracker, Clay Rapada of the Indians and Chris Robinson of the Padres are in DFA limbo.