On this week in 1954, the Dodgers traded third baseman Billy Cox and left-hander Preacher Roe to the Orioles for minor league prospects Harry Schwegeman and Johnny Jancse and $50K. Brooklyn used that cash for a bonus to sign a southpaw from Lafayette High School with control problems named Sandy Koufax. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot gives us a first look at Ryan Webb.
- Rays Colored Glasses looks at two possible landing spots for David Price.
- Inside The Zona isn't wind about the Mark Trumbo deal from the D'Backs' perspective.
- Pinstripe Pundits has a t-chart of pros and cons on trading Brett Gardner.
- The Giants Cove says Michael Morse isn't the answer.
- Baseball News Source says Austin Jackson for Gardner makes sense for the Yankees.
- 85% Sports looked at player-managers.
- MLB Reports tackles the Yankees' payroll.
- Baseball Professor ranked 2013's rookie starting pitching class.
- District On Deck talks Jerry Blevins.
- Grading On The Curve says we can learn from Roy Halladay.
- Reviewing The Brew says Juan Francisco is better than the Brewers think.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.