On this date in 1971, Satchel Paige became the first Negro League star to be selected to the Hall of Fame. The right-hander, the oldest player in the majors to make his big league debut, became a legend during his professional career, which lasted from the 1920s until 1965, playing in several different Negro Leagues and with the Indians, Browns, and A's. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus breaks down Kyle Drabek's mechanics.
- Camden Depot says the Orioles shouldn't blow their money on the open market.
- Inside The Zona talks D'Backs prospects.
- Outside Pitch says that now is the time for the Diamondbacks to pounce on David Price.
- Hidden Vigorish isn't that worried about A.J. Burnett's age.
- Rays Colored Glasses sees a change in Tampa Bay.
- Kings Of Kauffman looks at the Royals' timetable for Kyle Zimmer.
- Grading On The Curve talks Michael Taylor.
- Yanks Beat Blog has their fingers crossed over Michael Pineda.
- Baseball News Source looks at some extension candidates.
- A's Farm turns in their top ten list.
- Bleacher Report wants somebody to sign Oliver Perez.
- Konsume looks at remaining free agents that could make an impact.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.